Chester Elementary Newsletter
April 19-23, 2021: Explore. Learn. Thrive.
Hello Chester Families,
In reflecting about this year, I would like to express such gratitude to our parents and guardians who have been so supportive, flexible and have learned so much alongside their student. Our staff has been amazing to watch pivot and grow and I am so proud of our students showing resilience, empathy, and independence. My questions for all of us are:
- What have your students taught you?
- Can you think of a moment that they inspired you?
Things to Remember:
- Students will be in the AM/PM model for 1 more week. Return to School 100% will occur on April 26th.
- Student Chromebooks will be returned to school this Thursday, April 22. Please send the Chromebook, charger and cover back to school with your child.
- The Bell Schedule for the return to 100% in person learning is below. The schedule for grades 1-6 will be M-Th 8:10-2:30 and Friday 8:10-11:50. Kindergarten will continue with two sessions M-Th- AM is 8:10-11:00 and PM is 11:40-2:30. Friday in kinder will be all students from 8:10-11:30.
- Once we are back to 100%, we invite everyone to wear their Chester Volcano swag or Green and White every Friday.
- Calling all TK/K siblings! Enrollment is now open for the fall. See the information that follows below.
This information will help the district assess and guide decisions and funding for the future, please take 3 minutes to fill this out.
Return to 100% FAQ
Return to School 100% on April 26, 2021
What are the hours? Grades 1-6: 8:10-2:30 Monday-Thursday and 8:10-11:50 on Fridays. TK/K AM Monday-Thursday 8:10-11:00 and PM 11:40-2:30. All TK/K students on Fridays from 8:10-11:30.
Will I need to sign anything? No
Can a parent volunteer on campus? Not at this time. The doors will be open for student arrival but we request that parents wait in front and ring the doorbell for assistance in order to follow our safety protocols. Students and staff are allowed on campus only. If parents need to talk to the office staff, we are happy to set that up.
Will my student need to wear a mask and social distance? Yes indoors and outdoors. Teachers will provide mask breaks for students throughout the day. These will be conducted outdoors with more than 6 foot distancing.
Will all students be screened at school? No, parents and guardians will be responsible for screening prior to arrival.
What happens if my student is ill? We will be following the same protocols that have been implemented this year.
Will my child eat on campus? Yes, students will be eating lunch at school. Breakfast will be provided from 7:45-8:05. While eating, there will be fewer students per lunch period, with students spaced out for distancing. Handwashing and/or sanitizing, masking and social distancing will continue as we follow all Health and Safety Protocols.
Will there be Meal Delivery? No, but Grab and Go will be available for pick up.
How will pick up and drop off work? If you are dropping off or picking up your child by car please be respectful of others, and avoid parking in the yellow loading zone in front of the school. Always pull forward and watch carefully! BE SAFE and RESPECTFUL of all our families and staff members. It may be quicker to park in the nearby neighborhood and walk to pick up your child.
What happens if my child's teacher is sick? We will try to place a substitute teacher with the class. If we are unable to do that, the school will contact you by 6 AM that day and your child will learn remotely until the teacher returns.
Where do my children enter and exit? Grades 1-6 enter through the front door. Grades 1-5 exit through the front door and grade 6 exits through the side parking lot. Kindergarten enters and exits at the kindergarten playground gate.
Kindergarten: Mrs. Bainbridge
First: Mrs. Cardona
Second: Mrs. O’Kelley
Third: Mrs. Geer and Mrs. Twitchell
Fourth: Mrs. Crowther
Fifth: Mrs. Tantardino
Sixth: Ms. Whalen and Mrs. White
Independent Study Teacher: Mrs. Bauer
4/21- 6th Grade Rafting Trip
4/26- Return to 100%
See the following image or read here for more information.