RES Staff Update
September 17-21, 2018
ICEBREAKER FOR STAFF MEETING
- Post the specific time that you are open to visitors.
- It does not need to be something tech-savvy.
- Post a brief description, your name, and room number.
Helpful hints for those wishing to observe:
- Pop in for the whole time or part of the time.
- If it is not during your planning, talk to an AP, IS, or Kelly about covering your classroom.
- Enjoy this learning time.
For those who host and observe, you will receive tickets to be used in a drawing for a t-shirt to wear on Wednesdays with jeans. Even better is the learning that you'll take away!
Calendar Updates (September)--Bolded Items are new this week
- 7 am to Noon--Flu Shots for staff at Spillane
- Boy Scout Rally (7 pm)
- Flu Shots at Robison CANCELLED (go to Spillane on September 17)
- Club Rewind Open House (6:30-7:00 in the cafeteria)
- Moran @ Technology Liaison Meeting (4:30 pm)
- Treats provided by 4th & 5th-grade teams
Calendar Updates (October)-Bolded items are new this week
- Boosterthon Kick-Off Meeting (8 am in the library)
- Data Meeting for 3rd, 4th & 5th Reading Teachers (8:50-11:50)
- Data Meeting for 3rd, 4th, & 5th Math Teachers (12:30-3:30)
- Treats provided by Paras, AB & SPED
- Moran @ Tech Liaison Mtg. (4:30)
- Flu shots for students (turn in registration forms to Joyce as soon as you receive them)
New Bus Numbers
913 will become 369
915 will become 370
1005 will become 371
We will provide you with information about what to do with the bus cards. For now, do not make any changes to them.
These three new buses will all be equipped with seatbelts. The transportation department is coming out Monday morning to allow the students an opportunity to become familiar with how to buckle their seatbelts so we won't have to do this in the bus loading zone tomorrow afternoon. We were just informed about this on Friday morning, and I'm still waiting on confirmation on the exact time. It should be at 9:00 am or 10:00 am, or something close to that time (hopefully).
Once everything is confirmed, I will send out an email. A School Messenger will be sent to parents who are affected by this change tomorrow morning. Since the change does not take effect until the afternoon, I don't want to confuse them.
Gradually, more buses equipped with seatbelts will be added, but we are not anticipating any other buses receiving the seatbelts this year. It is a large cost to the district and cannot be implemented all at once.
Parent Conference Day Reminders
- Lunch will be provided (Pizza ordered with salad and desserts made by A-team.) A sign-up sheet will be provided for lunchtimes (either 11:30 or 12:30).
- Time slots for conferences should be 30 minutes. This allows for a 25-minute conference with a 5-minute buffer time between conferences. Many parents have taken off from work and we don't want them to feel rushed with back-to-back 15-minute conferences.
- If you've already had a parent conference for a student on an action plan, please share with the parent that they will not have a conference scheduled again at this time. It is possible that they'll need a conference mid-year to share the progress they've made.
- This is a time for parents to share information with you, just as much as you'll be sharing information with them. Plan for time that they can share too.
- Start the conference off with the strengths of the student. Be sincere. This is a great opportunity to build relationships with parents.
- What can you tell parents that they do not already know or that they can't locate through the Home Access Center?
- If a child is really struggling in one particular class, consider having that teacher be available for the conference or offer an additional conference time.
More information will be shared as we approach the official Parent Conference Day.
Update for CF-TESS
Teachers will need to view this quick video (in the link below) in order to be updated on this year's CF-TESS. We've opted to have you watch the video on your own time rather than hold a face-to-face meeting. Courtney, Carrie, and I are here if you have any questions. Once you've completed this, you will complete the Verification of Annual Review (in CFPGS) no later than Monday, September 17. Directions for locating this are on the CFPGS home page under "My Appraisal Resources". You may also check out the appraisal section of the hub for the appraiser assignments.
Campus Time Equivalency
Kids Deserve It: yisek4h
Blended Learning in Action: 7won14
Staff Dress for the Week
Monday-Professional DressTuesday-Team shirt with jeans or professional dress.
Thursday-"Be Bold, Go Gold"-Wear gold (jeans ok) to show support for Childhood Cancer Awareness--We'll take a quick picture at the end of our staff meeting.
Friday-New staff shirt or New PTO shirt with jeans or professional dress