Sonoma Ranch Elementary Principal's Newsletter
Year 9 Issue 335
We Engage We Educate We Inspire
Hello Stallion Families,
What a great week at the Ranch!
The 1st and 2nd Grade Music Programs were amazing. Our students did a wonderful job with their speaking parts, their dancing, and of course the singing! Mrs. Jones' programs were fun and creative!
Our Spelling Bee was a great success, lasting more than 20 rounds. Congratulations to Avery Taylor, the Sonoma Ranch Spelling Bee Champion!
Families enjoyed great weather and a fun evening on Friday at the PTSO Movie Night. It was an entertaining way to end a wonderful week at the Ranch!
On Saturday members of the Sonoma Ranch Student Council, along with Ms. Lawson, Mrs. Paschal, Ms. Borkowski, Ms. Weber and Mr. Kelly walked in the Gilbert Days Parade. Aside from the downpour of rain just before the start, it was a fun way to show our school spirit!
StuCo Sock Drive
The StuCo Sock Drive continues this week! As of Friday we had collected 2,812 pairs of socks!
- Ms. Lind's class was the first class to 50 pairs, winning 10 extra minutes of recess!
- Mrs. Miranda's class was the first class to reach 75 pairs, winning Otter Pops!
- Ms. Harbaugh's class was the first class to reach 100 pairs, winning an ice cream party!
- Ms. Lawson's class was the first class to reach 200 pairs, winning a donut party!
- Ms. Ott's class was the first class to reach 500 pairs, winning a pajama party!
Currently the class leaders are Mrs. Naragon's class in 3rd place, Ms. Lawson's class in 2nd place, and Mrs. Ott's class in 1st place!
There are two more days to bring in socks for the StuCo Sock Drive!
A Slice of Pie
Slices of Thanksgiving Pie for Sonoma Ranch Teachers and Staff
We'd love to serve a delicious slice of Thanksgiving pie to the amazing teachers and staff at SRE! We'd prefer the pies be homemade, if possible, or at least like homemade from a store. We'd like to have all the pies brought to the front office by Tuesday, November 21st before 9:00 a.m.
Family Turkey Trot
- The 2nd Annual Family Turkey Trot is Monday after school!
- PTSO will be selling snacks for $1 (cash/Venmo)
- The Run starts at 3:15 PM on the basketball courts
- Otter Pops will be provided
- Students need to have a permission slip in order to participate!