Davis Elementary Communication
Thursday, February 9, 2017
February 14 (Tuesday) Valentine's Day Parties
1st Grade: 10:30
2nd Grade: 1:00
3rd Grade: 12:15
4th Grade: 1:30
5th Grade 1:30
February 20 (Monday) Student Holiday/ Teacher Learning Day
February 28: Parent Academy for parents (ESL) "Not my Child!" Theme: The use of drugs
March 2 (Thursday) Open House 5:30-7:00 PM
March 6-10 Spring Break- No School
March 28 (Tuesday) 4th Grade STAAR Writing Test and 5th Grade STAAR Math Test
March 29 (Wednesday) 5th Grade STAAR Reading Test
April 14 (Friday) Student/Teacher Holiday (2nd Bad weather make up day if needed)
April 17 (Monday) Student Holiday (1st Bad weather make up day if needed)
May 8 (Monday) 3rd and 4th Grade STAAR Math Test
May 9 (Tuesday) 3rd and 4th Grade STAAR Reading Test
May 10 (Wednesday) 5th Grade STAAR Science Test
May 26 (Friday) Field Day
May 29 (Monday) Student/Teacher Holiday
June 2 (Friday) Last Day of School/ Students dismiss at 12:00
Notes from the Principal's Office
Do you ever find that your kids struggle to find kind words to say or fall back on the negative when describing a situation? 3rd Grade has been teaching the kids to identify positive character traits as we work on "Kindness" this month. I've attached a picture above showing a poster that Mrs. Zawi's class created as they identified the positive traits. What a great way to refocus a conversation on what is positive!
Davis Elementary Principal
Facebook: Davis Dolphins Principal
It's Friendship Week At Davis!
PTA Presents Girls On The Run
Deaf Ed 5K Fundraiser
Davis PTA Dolphin Dash Fun Run Sponsorship Opportunity!
The Davis PTA has a great opportunity for business owners in our community! We are currently seeking sponsors for the 2nd Annual Dolphin Dash (Fun Run) on April 21, 2017 (student fundraising information will be distributed in March). The purpose of this event is to raise funds to provide enrichment programs for Davis students and families as well as campus improvement and classroom supplies. Sponsorships will be acknowledged through a variety of avenues based upon the level of sponsorship. Contact Alison Hansard email@example.com for a sponsorship packet.
Help Davis Earn $$$$ for our school!
Just a few communication reminders. This newsletter will be sent weekly via email to all parents with an email address listed on the child's contact information, which can be updated at parentviewer.pisd.edu . We will also send the link to this newsletter to the Davis_Dolphins Facebook page and through the Remind text message service. To receive text messages from Davis Elementary, please text @4hhkb to 81010. Text messaging charges and fees may apply.
As always, the front office staff- Mrs. Bowen, Mrs. Perez, and Nurse Montgomery are ready to assist with any needs you have. Also, our assistant principal Mr. Gibson, as well as our counselor Mrs. York and are available as well. I, too, am more than happy to visit with you to assist with any celebrations or needs that may arise for your family.
Interested in Volunteering at Davis Elementary?
· Volunteers are needed for field trips, Field Day, class parties, library assistance, and other areas.
· Please fill out the Volunteer Application located at:
What is InfoCenter?
Plano ISD has implemented InfoCenter, allowing you to better control how you receive communications from your school or district. The following is a guide to help you get started.
What is InfoCenter?: InfoCenter provides access to all the messages and information sent by your organization. Accessible from any internet-enabled device, InfoCenter visually displays and organizes alerts, notifications, and attachments for easy review and reference. InfoCenter also allows you to customize how you receive communications from PISD (campus and district).
How do I sign up for InfoCenter?: Signing up for InfoCenter is easy. Using the email address that you have on file for your district (emergency card), follow these three steps:
1. Download the InfoCenter by SchoolMessenger app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Market. You can also access the InfoCenter web portal at https://infocenter.schoolmessenger.com/
2. Click the “New User” button, enter your email address, and create a password. An email will be sent to that address with a secure token. Note: If you receive an “already claimed by another user account” error message that means you’ve already created a SchoolMessenger account via another SchoolMessenger product, such as Contact Manager. Simply follow the “Return to login” link and login. Use the “Forgot your password” link if needed.
3. After authenticating via the token sent to your email, return to InfoCenter and sign in using your email and password.
What’s in InfoCenter?:Once you’ve created your account, the records associated with your email address will be linked automatically. You can then:
- View the records associated with your account.
- Review the last 30 days worth of messages for all your associated records.
- View your contact information, and configure how you’d like to receive notifications.
Important Things to Know:
- Regardless of how you choose to receive notifications, all messages associated with your records will be retained in the InfoCenter inbox for 30 days.
- You can opt into receiving Device Notifications (Push) under Notification Preferences. When choosing to receive Device Notifications, a badge or alert will appear when you receive new communications from Plano ISD.
Our provider, SchoolMessenger, makes the security and privacy of your data a top priority. As one of over 100 approved signatories to Student Privacy Pledge, you can feel ensured that your student’s information is safe and will never be sold, rented or shared.
Do you love FUN?
Davis Dolphins use Social Media!
Follow the Davis Dolphins on Twitter at @Davis_Dolphins and #DavisGrows
Follow the Davis Dolphins on Facebook at Davis_Dolphins
Follow Mrs. Bishop on Facebook at Davis Dolphins Principal
Follow the Davis Elementary PTA at https://www.facebook.com/groups/daviselementarypta/