The Weekly Memo
September 10, 2018
“For me prayer is a surge of the heart, it is a simple look towards Heaven, it is a cry of recognition and of love, embracing both trial and joy.” --St. Therese of Lisieux
- Thank you for working to ensure the success of Oktoberfest!
- Thank you for your patience with MAP testing!
- Thank you for organizing field trips providing a variety of experiences.
- Thank you for filling in where needed!
- Thank you for going the extra mile to ensure student success!
- Thank you for leading various activities.
- Thank you for working within your committee!
- Thank you for ALL YOU DO!!
- Jeans Day is Monday, September 10th for $2. Please use the deposit slip in your handbook when collecting money!
- We are scheduled for PLT's on Tuesday, September 11th. Please come prepared having read pages 1-41 in the Servant Leadership text. Dr. Wallace will be joining us!
- Committee minutes are due by Tuesday, September 11th.
- Elementary Parent Night is Thursday, September 13th.
- Sub folders are due by September 14th.
- The MAP testing window has been extended through September 19th.
- Please ensure that your rosters are up-to-date for the emergency backpacks!
- Keep in mind that Donna needs a list of drivers NO less than 2-3 weeks in advance due to expiration dates of some background checks.
- Attendance MUST be posted by 8:30 a.m.
- Please update student work and bulletin boards accordingly (work should be replaced at least every two weeks).
- PD should be aligned to your PGP goals. Please review your plan so you can plan accordingly.
- Please continue teaching, reviewing, and practicing procedures.
138. SUBSTITUTE FOLDERS
Teachers need to make a substitute folder that includes the following information:
● Class roster
● Seating chart(s)
● Schedule for the day
● Duty schedule outlining any morning or afternoon duties (e.g. car duty)
● Up-to-date Student Allergy Sheet (especially food OR ANY OTHER IMPORTANT INFO)
● FAITH guidelines
● Emergency lesson plans
● Location of emergency procedures (such as fire and/or tornado drills)
● Discipline system
*Any other pertinent information related to your class(es) INCLUDING INFORMATION ON HOW TO SUBMIT ATTENDANCE AND/OR LUNCH COUNT!
A red substitute folder MUST be placed on the teacher’s desk at all times for easy access by a substitute.