GREETINGS PENNDALE STUDENTS AND FAMILIES!
In this newsletter, we will be providing some tips and resources that may be helpful, as well as information on how to complete the PA state-required Naviance assignments and Career Plan for each grade level.
Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you have questions or need support during these challenging times.
Many Healthy Wishes,
the Penndale Guidance team
A-F Mr. Joy email@example.com
G-L Mr. Flynn firstname.lastname@example.org
M-R Mr. Harvey email@example.com
S-Z Mrs. Reichwein firstname.lastname@example.org
RESOURCES FOR MENTAL HEALTH AND SUPPORT
- Montgomery County Mobile Crisis 1-855-634-4673 - Available 24 hours a day/7 days per week
- Safe to Say 1-844-SAF2SAY or visit their website
- Montgomery County Teen Talk and Text Line 866-825-5856 or text 215-703-8411 - Available Monday through Friday from 3:00 pm to 9:00 pm.
- Montgomery County Peer Support Hotline 855-715-8255 - Available free of charge, 7 days a week from 1:00 pm to 9:00 pm.
- SAMHSA [Mental Health & Substance Abuse Hotline] 1-800-662-HELP 
- NAMI [National Alliance of Mental Illness] 1-800-950-NAMI  or email email@example.com
- Merakey 1-888-642-0026
- Springfield Psychological 610-544-2110 x 2 or visit their website. Telehealth Services for outpatient therapy and psychiatric medication management provided to support new and existing patients.
- Onward Behavioral Health 610-644-6464 or visit their website. Telehealth Services and medication management provided.
The end of the 3rd Marking Period is March 27, 2020, but students will be allowed to turn in outstanding work beyond that date. Students should communicate with their teachers directly as soon as possible about deadlines for work that is owed.
COURSE SELECTION DEADLINE
Grade Level Required Assignments can be accessed by logging in here [see Login information below if you have problems logging into your account]:
We strongly encourage all students to complete their grade-level assignments prior to the reopening of school and our course selection deadline of May 1, 2020.*
- 7TH GRADE: Learning Style Inventory, Learning Style Inventory Reflection, Career Cluster Finder, Career Cluster Finder Reflection
- 8TH GRADE: Do What You Are Assessment, Do What You Are Career Reflection - Entrepreneurship, MI Advantage Assessment, MI Advantage Reflection
- 9TH GRADE: Strengths Explorer, Strengths Explorer Reflection, start Resume Builder [editable resume will continue throughout high school]
* Students must complete their Naviance grade-level assignments by May 1, 2020
NAVIANCE LOGIN - TROUBLESHOOTING
- Email your counselor to ask them to reset your Naviance password - you will receive a temporary password from them.
- Be careful not to include spaces when you copy and paste your temporary password.
- Deselect "Remember Me" box to clear cache/cookies.
- Username/Email is the first part of your student email before "@stu.npenn.org"
- Reset your password to "npenn" plus your 6-digit ID number.
- If you have difficulty, shut down your Chromebook, and restart all applications.