Shepard Staff Updates
August 17, 2018
First week - DONE!
Happy Friday Y'all!
Thank you to everyone for a super fantastic week! I cannot imagine working with a better staff and I am so excited for what this school year is going to bring.
To Do (New):
1. 4th and 5th grade teachers - Please remind your students the deadline for Introductory Speakers Letters is August 22 - no exceptions!
2. All classroom and pod doors may be left open during arrival and dismissal, but should be locked and propped slightly ajar with a magnet during the school day. This is a new safety protocol from the district.
3. A BIG THANK YOU from Diane - Everyone is doing a GREAT job getting your attendance in between 8:50-9:10, so this "To Do" is really only a "Keep it up!"
4. Keep reviewing procedures for the various types of drills - We will be completing our reverse evacuation and severe weather drill early next week.
To Do (Rolled over from last week):
5. The link to sign to verify that you have read the handbook is in a google form at the bottom of this Smore. I will be sending out individual reminder emails starting on Monday, August 20th. The handbook is in the Shepard 2018-2019 google folder.
6. The information about T-TESS goal setting was sent out in an email, but I am also posting it here - Goals are due by September 7th.
7. Open Enrollment is open now through August 24th. You must either elect or decline coverage.
8. We have 24 spots for teachers to go shopping at the CORE Store - Please choose at least 2 grade level representatives to go and get some new school supplies for FREE!!!! Thank you to Emma, Shelby, Lisa, Madison, Teresa and Kulsum for getting signed up!
August 21 - Back to School Night (2nd at 6:00)
August 22 - Introductory Speakers Letters due (4th and 5th grade)
August 23 - CORE Store Shopping from 4:30-5:30 (Must sign-up ahead of time)
August 24 - Open Enrollment Closes
August 29 - Staff Meeting Plus Vertical Teams (3:05-4:00)
September 5 - UBD Phase 2 Planning (3:05-5:30)
September 7 - T-TESS Goal Setting due
September 18 - SEL Parent Education Session (6:00)
T-TESS Goal Setting
Information to access your goal setting:
1. Access it here: http://appraise.pisd.edu
2. Make sure to update your profile even if everything is staying the same
3. Teachers will need to upload their TPG/SLO in Strive using these specific instructions: Click Sheet for Entering Goals
4. BOOKMARK this professional learning page as it contains important T-TESS resources for principals and teachers: www.pisd.edu/plresources
Key Upcoming Dates:
TTESS Orientation Refresher: Completed on campus by August 10, 2018 – DONE! WOOHOO!
Teachers submit completed TPG/SLO in Strive by Friday, September 7, 2018
Administrators complete goal-setting meetings and approval of goals in Strive by Friday, September 21, 2018
Observation Window: August 27, 2018 – April 18, 2019
Open Enrollment Information
Open enrollment starts tomorrow, so here is some information to help get us started. As always, we’re asking for your help to spread the word since you have direct access to your staff members. Returning employees have until Friday, August 24 to submit their selections – to either enroll or decline coverage. (New employees will receive separate information, and may have a different deadline.)
Booklets – All returning employees should receive a copy of the Open Enrollment Guidebook, also available online. New employees will receive separate information.
Web Site – Employees can access all information on our web site www.pisd.edu/benefits. Also available are step-by-step videos to assist with the enrollment process in TEAMS.
Benefits Education Days – Everyone is invited to stop by and visit with our insurance providers and get your questions answered. Details are in the attached At-a-Glance flyer and also on our web site.
Reminders – As we near the end of the enrollment period, we’ll also be asking for your help to contact specific employees who have not taken any action to submit their enrollment. Again this year, each person must take action to either re-enroll or waive coverage, due to requirements under the Affordable Care Act.
We are here to help – Please encourage employees to contact us early to ask questions or get help with their enrollment. Emailing email@example.com is best, but they can also call us at (469)752-8138 or visit us at the Sockwell Center. We also have a computer lab available at the Sockwell Center for employees to use.
CORE Store Information
It’s time for your teachers at Shepard Elementary School to register to shop the CORE Store!
The CORE Store is an initiative brought to your team by the Plano ISD Education Foundation. The mission of the CORE Store is to help all Plano ISD students by equipping teachers with donated classroom resources. Over 80% of PISD teachers spend their own money buying school supplies their students can’t afford! Thanks to our generous sponsors, teachers can now get those same supplies FREE through our store.
Teacher shopping is by appointment only and they must register via link below to attend.
Shopping Date: Thursday, August 23, 2018 at 4:30 pm - 5:30 pm
If this date does not work for you please contact me and I will gladly find a date that will work.
Please share this vital information with your team!
We have attached a step-by-step guide on how to register.
· There are 24 teacher appointment spots reserved for your campus.
· Work as a team to determine who will visit the store during your campus’ assigned time.
· Each teacher will be able to shop for up to 50 items in the store.
· The shopping sheet is attached to give you an idea of potential shopping items.
CORE Store location:
3900 W. 15th Street, Suite 102
Plano, TX 75075
Google map link here: https://goo.gl/maps/a1ys8uH8oiR2
We are at the SE Corner of 15th and Coit - Across from Medical Center Plano - Look for our signs!