IAT Tiger Times
Week of December 12, 2016
Timeline for move to Perry Street in January
- The school calendar has been adjusted so that the MLK Day holiday weekend is now 5 days instead of 3.
- We will use the same system for moving as before and designate each person a color. We will ask that you have packed up all of your materials by Friday, January 13th so they can be moved.
- January 17th and 18th will be used for professional development and setting up your classrooms.
- Students will return on January 19th and we will use January 19th and 20th as culture days.
All materials packed by Friday, January 13 for moving
January 17 and 18 are PD Days for staff
January 19 and 20 students return. "School Culture Days"
Test Day 2 - MOTIVATION!!!
How to Motivate Students: Top 12 Ways
By: Annie Condron
If there is one thing we know about kids, it’s that they have short attention spans and prefer now to later. This is especially true at the beginning of the year.
Teachers, more than any district or schoolwide programs, have the most power to know how to motivate students because they’re on the front lines. They can influence students in a way that kids can actually understand: here, now, today, in this room. (MORE)...
Hey teachers, wanna get your parents involved? Try this:
This week in flash
- EOT exams this week.
- Reminder to limit hallway passes during EOT exams to maximize results.
- Remind parents about preparing students for testing.
- Mr. Mark Weinberg and Ms. Zandrina Atherley from SABIS will be present this week.
- Winter Break - December 19-30.
- Oh...one las thing...I respect your work! You've got this!