Knowing the 13 Colonies and their regions
The Carolinas attracted Europeans, Jews, Germans, Scottish, Irish, and West- Indians. Over 2/3 of the population was slaves because of the demanded need of plantation workers.
First English settlement in the Americas, was capital of colonies for 83 years.
Founded by William Penn, and was a wide agriculture based colony.
Chesapeake Bay- Where you can settle into small farm life to raise cattle, cut timber and trade with American Indians.
1. Explain British's purpose for establishing the Georgia colony and the Pennsylvania .
The colonies were established for people who were facing persecution.
2. Describe William Penn's vision for Pennsylvania.
To make a safe place for Quakers, and to make money.
3. What was the name of New York City prior to English control?
4. How did the English divide up New York?
Charles the second claimed New York, and renamed it. Gave the rest of the land, known as New Jersey to his two friends.
5. Why did the English focus their early colonization efforts on the North and South Carolina's?
Because they had tons of plantation that needed work, and had tons of slaves doing the job, which meant that they needed more work than all the others.