Patriot Parent News to Know -
April 2, 2019
Dates to Remember
- April 3rd - Proud to be a Kindergarten Patriot Playtime 3:15-3:45pm (incoming Kindergarten 2019-2020 school year)
- April 9th - STAAR Tests 4th Writing/5th Math - Campus will be closed to guests
- April 9th - PTA Chick-fil-A Spirit Day
- April 10th - STAAR Tests 5th Reading - Campus will be closed to guests
- April 12th - Patriot Fair 6:00-8:00pm
- April 16th - PTA Menchie's Spirit Night (Prosper)
- April 19th - School Holiday
- April 24th - Kindergarten Parent Orientation 6:00-7:00pm
- April 26th - $1 Hat Day
News from Mrs. Diggs
It's hard to believe we are in the final 9 week grading period of the school year! We are continuing to hone in on our GRIT focus by ending the year with a focus on tenacity. Students are learning about perseverance and what it means to have tenacity as we close out this phenomenal year of learning. Students are continuing to be encouraged to set challenging academic and personal goals while identifying steps and resources that can lead to goal attainment. Be sure to ask your Patriot about his/her learning and personal goals and how tenacity relates to achieving said goals. We have so many things coming up in the next few weeks. Next week, our campus will be closed to visitors, volunteers and guests on Tuesday and Wednesday, April 9th and 10th as our 4th and 5th grade students will be taking the STAAR Tests on these days. You won't want to miss our Patriot Fair that takes place Friday, April 12th as this an opportunity for the whole family to have good old fashioned fun. There will be games, prizes, and food.
If you know of any incoming kindergartners who will be joining us next year, please be sure to invite them to our Patriot Playtime on the Playground Wednesday, April 3rd from 3:15-3:45pm. Our new, future Patriots will get to meet kindergarten teachers as well as other kindergartners. Be sure to check out our Kindergarten Orientation Information for all upcoming dates for additional information about kindergarten registration and what to expect.
I am truly blessed to be able to serve our students, staff, and our Providence community. If I can be of assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me by calling the school at 940-369-1900 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
With Patriot Pride,
Jairia Diggs, M.Ed.