A day without sleep is like cake without frosting.
- Americans currently average 6-8 hours of sleep.
- Teenagers need about 8-10 hours of sleep.
Effects on Teens
- Limits your ability to learn, listen, concentrate, and solve problems. (You may even forget important information like names, numbers, your homework, etc.)
- More prone to acne.
- Aggressive, inappropriate behavior.
- Contributes to other illnesses.
How to Improve/Change Behaviors
- Make sleep a priority.
- Make a sleep schedule and stick with it.
- Don't eat, drink, or exercise with in a few hours of your bed time.