P.S. 212Q Weekly Update #39
For the week of June 27, 2022
Everyone Grows at P.S. 212Q!
Our vision for all learners the principal, the staff, and most importantly our students is continuous growth and improvement.
The Habit of Mind: Responding with Wonderment and Awe (see below) shows an appreciation for the natural beauty around us. Children, most of all, have great ability to see the world with excited and amazed eyes. Take time this summer to explore our world.
June 27, 2022
This is my last edition of Mrs. Miniero's Weekly News for the 21-22 school year. As I reflect on my first year as principal, I am grateful for your support and I am proud of the achievements of all our students and staff. This year we welcomed your children back to full day in-person instruction after 18 months of uncertainty. The entire staff was committed every single day to providing all children with a welcoming, safe, and enriching environment. You trusted us and we appreciate you!
I was so excited to sign my name on the 5th grade diplomas. I've known most of these children since they were four years old and to watch them develop into the wonderful human beings they are is more special than I can express in words.
Our youngest students also stepped up to kindergarten and first grade and we are so looking forward to welcoming them all back in September.
I hope that you take this time to rest and relax. Enjoy summer vacation!
Events this week:
- Monday, June 27th - Last full day of school for all students for the 2021-2022 school year. Report cards, September supply lists, and summer packets will be provided. *We will post on the website as well.
- P.S. 212 is a Community Feeding Site (see below) providing both breakfast and lunch in the cafeteria. There will not be a grab-and-go option.
- Administration will send an email or a ClassTag to individual families with their child's classroom number and teacher the last week of August 8/29-9/2.
- I will send out a welcome SMORE newsletter on Friday, September 2nd.
- Thursday, September 8, 2022 - 1st day of school! Doors will be open by 7:45 am. Grades PK, K, 1, and 2 - 83 Street schoolyard. Grades 3, 4, and 5 - 82 Street Door A.
Laura Miniero, Principal
Thank you to Ms. Ettinger for helping me organize a wonderful send off to Ms. Alland. Yes, our Physical Education teacher Ms. Alland is retiring after 30 years of service. Today we presented her with a plaque dedicating the gymnasium in her honor and all students in the school cheered and chanted for her. She was so happy!!!
End of Year Message from Chancellor Banks
Please check for the most recent messages.
Please enjoy your summer vacation! Safe Summer Travel memo: https://infohub.nyced.org/school-year/school-year-2021-22/
Not returning to P.S. 212Q in September?
If your family is moving out of District and your child will no longer be attending P.S. 212Q in September, please contact Ms. Toro mailto:AToro4@schools.nyc.gov in the main office to discharge your student.
- Tuesday, June 28, 2022 – Friday, September 2, 2022
- There is no service Monday, July 4, 2022
- Breakfast: 8AM–9:15AM
- Lunch 11AM–1:15PM
Meals are served to children 18 years old and younger. Meals are ONLY available on the service line and must be consumed in the cafeteria. No meals can leave the cafeteria.
The Health Screener must be completed before entry: https://healthscreening.schools.nyc/
All adults must show proof of (1) dose of vaccination to enter the building.
Families have access to many beautiful books, including multi-cultural books.
Need Tech Support?
This form can be use if you are having any issues with DOE assigned iPads or Chromebooks. It can also be use if you need help with a password (IXL, RazKids, BrainPop and Learning.com).
***New 1/22 - The DOE has launched a new site for Tech Support: https://supporthub.schools.nyc/
IXL Extra Math Support at home for all students
- IXL Website:
1. Go to www.ixl.com/signin/pstwoonetwo
2. Enter username (Your teacher provides you with this information)
3. Enter password (Your teacher provides you with this information)