by. Andrew Mueller
The Very Interesting Life of Ernest Hemingway
2.Hemingway survived through anthrax, malaria, pneumonia, skin cancer, hepatitis, diabetes, two plane crashes (On consecutive days), a ruptured kidney, a ruptured spleen, a ruptured liver, a crushed vertebra, a fractured skull, and much more.
3. Hemingway's sister, brother, and father all committed suicide.
4. Hemingway served as an Italian ambulance driver during WW1 and was injured by a trench mortar shell explosion.
5. In 1920, Ernest became a reporter for the Toronto Star.
6. In 1928 Hemingway's father committed suicide.
7. In 1935 Ernest accidentally shot himself.
8. After the plane crashes, Hemingway began to drink very heavily to try and numb the pain.
9.The Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum is home to 40-50 six toed cats that all originate to Hemingway's original cat.
10. Ernest's first wife Hadley packed a suitcase full of his manuscripts to bring to him. The suitcase was stolen on the train and was never found.
S'More Facts about Hemingway
12.Ernest Hemingway is buried in Ketchum Cemetery in Ketchum, Idaho.
13.Hemingway has appeared on the covers of Time, American Mercury, Flash, Life, Look, The New York Times, and much more.
14. Hemingway now has his own line of clothing, furniture, hunting gear, fishing tackle, pens, and even teddy bears.
15.Hemingway appeared in the movie The Old pain the Pilar.
19.Hemingway was admitted to the Mayo Clinic for his depression where he recieved shock treatment which some believe did more harm than good.
20. In his life Ernest lived in Paris, Italy, Cuba, Key West Africa, and Spain.