Desert Sage Newsletter - November 2022
Extraordinary Teachers with Amazing AASA Student Growth!
Highest student learning growth in English Language Arts for her 4th grade students last year.
Highest student learning growth in Math for her 6th grade students last year.
Highest student learning growth in Math for her Walk-Up-To-Math students last year.
Thanksgiving Feast Day
Thursday, November 17th is our yummy Turkey Feast Day in the cafeteria. Students may have up to 2 guests join them for their 20-minute lunch in the cafeteria. Lunch includes sliced turkey with gravy, mashed potatoes, craisins, & pumpkin pie. The cost for the adult lunch is $4.00. Please bring exact change to purchase a lunch (cash only). To ensure we remain within our cafeteria capacity, while allowing for social distancing, we ask there to be no more than 2 guests per student.
Desert Sage Calendar
Click on the item listed for the day for more information about the event.
PTO Fundraiser Results
- Fun Run: $20,394
- Cafe Zuppas Dinner Night: $697
- Sonic Dinner Night: $1100
- Goodwill Donation Drive: $327
Thank you parents/guardians for your participation, generosity, and everlasting support of Desert Sage! If you are interested in volunteering for upcoming PTO events, learning about how the PTO uses their funding to support Desert Sage, or just have a general question, be sure to join their monthly virtual PTO meeting on the first Thursday of each month or you can email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- It is recommended that items such as pencils, stickers, erasers, etc. be provided for birthday treats if the parent chooses.
- The ONLY food birthday treats that can be given at Desert Sage is the DVUSD Birthday Buckets ordered from the DVUSD Food and Nutrition Department. Food and Nutrition ensures that all dietary restrictions and allergies are accounted for within the classroom. For more information or to order contact our school Cafeteria Manager at 623-445-4714. Please be sure to place orders at least 2 weeks in advance of your child’s birthday.
- If food items are brought in for a birthday treat they will not be given out to the students. The food will be sent home with the student at the end of the school day.
I Spy PLC
PLC work in November is focused on data analysis of recent interim assessments for ELA and Math. The analysis will drive the intervention planning and grouping for each grade based on the essential standards with the greatest need for reteaching.
If you would like more information about PLCs, please visit our DVUSD PLC website.
Mark Your Calendar - Important Dates
- 11/7-11/11: National School Psychology Week
- Friday, 11/11: No School, Veterans Day
- Tuesday, 11/15: Fall Choir Concert at 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday, 11/17: Picture Retake Day
- Thursday, 11/17: Turkey Feast Day in the cafeteria
- Friday, 11/18: Substitute Teachers Appreciation Day
- Friday, 11/18: Dismissal at 2:00 p.m.
- 11/21-11/25: No School, Thanksgiving Recess
- Wednesday, 11/30: PTO Fundraiser Dinner Night at Rubios
- Thursday, 12/1: PTO Zoom Meeting at 4:30 p.m.
- Friday, 12/2: Special Education Day
- Friday, 12/2: Dismissal at 2:00 p.m.
- 12/5-12/9: Hour of Code Week
- Tuesday, 12/6: Winter Band Concert at 5:30 p.m.
- Friday, 12/9: PTO Donuts with Grown Ups 7:30-8:30 a.m.
AZ School Tax Credit for Desert Sage
Your school tax credit donations can provide Desert Sage students with opportunities to after school and summer programs, field trips, music and athletic programs or any other extracurricular activity.
- The Arizona tax credit program (A.R.S. 43-1089.01) allows a tax credit of up to $200 for individuals and up to $400 for married couples, filing jointly, in support of extracurricular activities.
- The tax credit reduces your tax burden to the state of Arizona, dollar for dollar.
Make your tax credit donation to Desert Sage at: https://az-deervalley.intouchreceipting.com/.