Third Grade Buzzzz...
Happenings in Mrs. Paluch's Class!
October 12, 2015
Kids will be dismissed at 12:45. Lunch will be served.
ELA- (English/Language Arts)
Focus This Week: While comparing and contrasting all of the stories to each other we will: Understand how characters identify and solve problems and understand their motivations and actions.
Foundational Skills: Vowel Digraphs- ee, ea, ai, ay, oa, ow
Writing: Kids will finish writing their draft of the realistic narrative we have been working on. We will revise and edit it this week. They will play TAG with their writing partners!
T Tell the Writer Something You Like!
A Ask the Writer a Question!
G Give the Writer a Positive Suggestion!
- Identify pronouns and use them in sentences. Example, I, you, he, she, it, we, they, me, him, her, us and them.
- Irregular verbs in a sentence.
- Tuesday is Lou Malnati's Night 4-10 pm.
- W.O.W Walk on Wednesday! Walk to school every Wednesday this month. Go to the playground, get your token and give them your name/teacher. Maybe we can win the Golden Shoe Award for the most participation! We came in 2nd place last week!
- Friday, Oct. 16 is a 4-hour Student Attendance Day, 12:45 dismissal. Lunch will be served.
- End of 1st quarter is October 16