Act two example of Lady Macbeth
- Lady Macbeth appears to be innocent of Duncans death.
- Really she planned the whole murder and forced Macbeth to commit to doing it.
Quote: "But screw your courage to the sticking-place, and we'll not fail. When Duncan is asleep-..."
Act two example of Macduff
- Macduff seems to be a close friend of Macbeth and wants to help him keep his power as king of Scotland.
- Really he knows Macbeth is a cruel dictator.
- Macduff didnt come to Macbeth's crowing and later leaves for england to get help from their leader Malcom to take back Scotland.
Quote: "Will you to Scone?" "No, cousin, I'll to Fife."
Was Shakespear effective?
- He purposely made certain characters commit to certain actions that you wouldn't expect them to commit to.
- Many characters turn against eachother and their appearances show that they wouldnt be the characters to do so but really they are fully comitted to turning against and harming eachother.