Career Center Weekly Update
January 11, 2016
UGA Career Center
APPOINTMENTS: Call (706) 542-3375. No appointments are scheduled via email.
WALK-IN HOURS: 12-2pm, Monday-Friday in the Career Center computer lab.
SATELLITE HOURS: Click on your Career Consultant's name to see when they are coming close to you!
Welcome back, students...and SAVE THE DATE!
I. JOB OPENINGS AND LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
II. UPCOMING EVENTS
The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities will be hosting an informational webinar session on Tuesday, January 12 at 3pm ET to share information and answer questions about the State Policy Fellowship program. The Fellowship is an exciting career opportunity that could be the perfect fit for master’s level students or recent graduates.
What: State Policy Fellowship Program Informational Webinar
When: Tuesday, January 12 at 3pm ETThe webinar will provide details and information on the goals of the Fellowship, a first-person account from a Fellowship alum and details on key dates and how to apply. Please circulate information about the program and this webinar to students and recent graduates who might be interested and to faculty who might identify qualified applicants.
Deloitte Mock Case Interviews
THUR. JAN. 14 @ 11:59pm on DAWGLINK
Search for "Deloitte Mocks."
Students who are searching for consulting positions have the likelihood of being faced with a case interview. These can be very different from your typical interview so it can be very helpful to practice. These 30-minute mock interviews will give students the chance to practice and prepare a real case with consultants from Deloitte. Throughout the mock interview, consultants will provide valuable feedback on performance.
Click here for more info!
McKinsey & Company Information Session
McKinsey & Company will be on campus specifically discussing their Summer Business Analyst role for summer 2016, however, they invite all students who wish to learn more about their company to join them.
313 Sanford Hall
Thursday, January 14th
6:30 – 8pm
All Majors Welcome
When you’re ready to apply, please submit your application here by January 17th.
Join the next UGA Virtual Networking Hour!
Careers in Natural Resources: Advice from Warnell Alumni & Professionals
Thursday, January 28th 5:00-6:00pm
Students pursuing degrees in fisheries and wildlife, forestry, recreation and tourism, and water and soil resources will have the opportunity to connect with alumni and professionals in these fields! Go to http://career.uga.edu/virtual_networking_hours for more information on how these networking hours work.
Meet Cortland Partners at the Spring Career Fair!
As a fully-integrated, multifamily real estate investment and management firm, Cortland Partners is the largest apartment owner in Atlanta, GA, with a national portfolio that spans seven states and growing! In 2015, Cortland was recognized as a National Multifamily Housing Council (NMHC) Top 50 Company and one of Atlanta’s “2015 Top 50 Midsize Workplaces.”
We’d love some face-to-face time with you at UGA’s Spring Career Fair on February 3rd, so be sure to stop by our table! We are looking for 2016 summer interns across all our departments and accepting senior resumes for open entry-level positions after graduation!
Curious? Check us out at www.cortlandpartners.com and see what #CortlandLife is all about!
The University of Georgia Career Center
The Career Center can help you with:
- Choosing a major/career
- Resume writing
- Getting into graduate school/finding a job
FOR APPOINTMENTS: call 706-542-3375. No appointments are scheduled via email.
III. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Universum Career Test - Connecting you with employers!
Is becoming a more self-aware professional one of your New Year's resolutions? Or is finding a new job or internship? If so, the Universum Career Test can help. It is the world's largest career tool connecting talented students like YOU with top employers. Upon completion of the test you will:
- Discover your career personality type
- Be able to benchmark your career goals against your peers
- Receive a list of 10 employers that are a culture fit for you
Click here to begin: https://career-test.com/s/georgia
Meet Your Career Consultant
* All University of Georgia Career Center sponsored events are for UGA students and alumni only.
* The Career Center is committed to providing access for all people with disabilities and will provide accommodations if notified in advance. To request accommodations please contact us at 706-542-3375.
* To help ensure a pleasant & productive environment for all participants, please follow these guidelines:
1. Respect all participants (employers, job seekers, & staff).
2. Appropriate attire is required and is determined by event. Some events require Professional or Business Attire.
3. For safety reasons, the doorways to the event (inside & out) & the surrounding areas must be kept clear at all times.
4. Participants are expected to cooperate with all reasonable requests made by members of the staff & all reasonable requests of any person acting in an official capacity as a representative of the participating institutions.
5. If questions or concerns arise during the event, please contact a member of the Career Center staff for assistance.
* Please DO NOT use quotation marks or add any other text to the body of the message.
PLEASE READ THE ABOVE INSTRUCTIONS TO UNSUBSCRIBE.