News for the HRRS/Juan Diego Academy Community
Principal's Message - Mar. 23rd
Holy Week. This is the most important week in the church's calendar. It is the week where we reflect on the fact that Jesus took up his cross for each and every one of us, overcoming sin and death. It is a difficult concept to get across to our students, especially the young ones. The main points that we want to focus on for all of our children, however, are these:
- We are loved, beyond measure, by God and that love is demonstrated through Jesus' actions.
- Though we do our best to live lives of faithfulness, love, and respect, we all fail. That is not the end of the story, though, as God has redeemed us through the cross. His mercy is enough.
- The Passion reminds us that there will be difficult times for each of us, times where we feel we want to give up, but God is always there to help us...we just need to turn to Him in prayer.
- Ultimately, this sad, but beautiful story ends with rejoicing. On Easter, we celebrate that Jesus is risen, overcoming sin and death forever and the Holy Spirit lives within each of us.
I want to wish all of you a reflective Holy Week and a wonderful Easter. Please take time to join us in the liturgical celebrations, which I have noted below. May you spend time refreshing and renewing your spirit next week, as you get together with loved ones to celebrate the beautiful mystery of Easter.
Important Reminders for this Week!!
- Holy Thursday - No All School Mass
- Holy Thursday - Mass of the Lord's Supper will be held at Visitation Church at 7 pm.
- Good Friday - Living Stations of the Cross at 10:30 am in the auditorium.
- Good Friday - Noon Dismissal. We are going to have a quiet dismissal in honor of Good Friday.
- Good Friday - Celebration of the Passion of the Lord at 7 pm at Holy Rosary Church.
- Holy Saturday - The Easter Vigil will be held at 8:30 pm. at Holy Rosary.
- Easter Sunday - Mass at 8 am and 10 am at Visitation, noon at Holy Rosary.
- Easter Vacation (No School) - March 28 - April 1
- All who are ill with cancer and other diseases.
- Father Wichert, who has a very busy week ahead of him and who is amazingly generous with his time, as he leads two schools and two churches.
- The second and third graders who are receiving their First Reconciliation and are on the path to celebrating the Sacrament of First Holy Communion in May.
Crab Feed: An Amazing Success! (Development News)
Next up?? Our annual gala fundraising dinner on May 7th. Please contact Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on the event and/or to find out about sponsorship opportunities.
We Love our Volunteers!! Thank You!!
- All who have supported the Read-a-Thon. We need your help to make our goal of $10,000!!
If you are available to help with recess from 12:30 - 1 each day, it would really help our teachers!! Contact Berenice at email@example.com to sign up for this. Thank you!!
Deadline for Registration Fees is THIS FRIDAY!!
Registration Fees* for 2016 - 17:
- $125 (1 Student), $250 (2+ Students) before March 25
- $150 (1 Student), $300 (2+ Students) after March 25
- *Reminder: Your spot is not "locked in", until all registration fees are paid and the registration packet is completed.
- All accounts must be in "good standing" and paid off by June 1st to re-enroll for the 2016-17 school year.
Thank you to all who have registered!!!