Parents - December Smore
Christmas Break Is Coming!
These months are flying by so fast! I am loving teaching your amazing kids! I look forward to coming to work every day because of them :)
I hope that some of the ideas below will be beneficial to you.
If you want to review previous SMORES, here they are
While this idea is for a classroom setting, this would also be beneficial to do with your kids at home. Also, helps them value their food a little more :)
This is an online magazine for adults and kids with ADD- attention deficit disorder
- adequate sleep
- healthy meals --- and snacks! (chips/chocolate are delicious, but include a fruit or veggie in that snack as well. Will help them focus in class until lunch time)
- visual of their morning and after school routine posted somewhere in the house. Reminders on a monthly calendar of big assignments/tests/quizzes/events coming up.
2. COMMUNICATION: If you are concerned about something or want to encourage a teacher, please let us know :)
3. When your child is doing homework, give them breaks during this time. Example: 20 minutes work on math, then 5 minutes you can have a a snack.
>>>> Give them a timer so they know to work hard during those 20 minutes and are not asking your every 10 seconds how much time they have left
4. One Step At Time
- If you want your son/daughter to go clean their room give them 1 step at a time. So, first, "Make your bed." Then they can check it off a checklist. When complete, next step of instructions, " Pick up the toys on the floor and put them in this basket. Etc...