26th Issue, October 18, 2019
Tonight: Hixson Student Trivia, 6:30pm in the cafeteria
Monday, October 21st: Hixson NJHS Induction Ceremony 7pm in cafeteria
Wednesday, October 23rd: Picture Retake Day
Friday, November 1st: No School/Teacher PD
Friday, November 1st: Rock and Roll Bingo Fundraiser, 6pm-10pm
Wednesday, November 6th: Race Play, 7pm in Auditorium
Wednesday, November 6th: Hixson PTO Meeting, 7pm in Library
Hixson Student Trivia
Friday, Oct. 18th, 6:30-8:30pm
- Hixson-themed trivia! Games between rounds! Prizes!
- Snacks available for purchase. Bring cash! Water provided.
Picture Retake Day: October 23rd
Red Ribbon Week
Monday 10/28– Ink out drugs Day! – wear a tattoo! Step Team will be selling tattoos at lunch for 50 cents each.
Tuesday 10/29 – Blow Out Drugs Day! – Purchase a blow pop for 25 cents from a Step Team Member.
Wednesday 10/30 – Don’t sleep on drugs, be aware! - Wear your favorite PJ bottoms to school for 50 cents!
Thursday 10/31 -- Keep drugs out of your face! -Two student’s per lunch shift will be drawn to throw a pie in a staff member’s face!
Our Pie Tributes are: Mr. Ward, Mr. Black, Mr. Wells, Coach Gillian, “OC”, Mr. Rachal, Mr. Hazelton, Ms. Haddock, and Ms. Warneke.
We will also have a Halloween Contest with gift cards for the winners!
All proceeds from the sale of tattoos, blow pops, etc will be used to fund performance uniforms for the step team. Thanks for your support!
Rock and Roll Bingo Fundraiser
Friendly Fresh Kits
Civic Arts Company Presents Race
Hixson PTO: New Online Directory
We are excited to announce that the PTO will be using Membership Toolkit for our Online Directory ("Buzz Book"). It will also be a place to Signup to Volunteer, Donate to the PTO, and view PTO communications.
For those of you who are returning Hixson parents, Membership Toolkit replaces My School Anywhere. Like My School Anywhere, Membership Toolkit will allow you to access the directory from a desktop or mobile browser, as well as from a mobile app.
To begin, you will need a Membership Toolkit Account.
Here's what you need to do:
- Go to https://hixsonpto.membershiptoolkit.com
- Click on the Register/Login button.
- Select "Create Account" and fill in the name, email, and password information.
- Click "verify my email" and then check your email for a link to complete the process. The link expires in 2 hours. If you do not receive the email, check your spam or junk folders.
- Once you have verified your email address, log back in and finish the registration process:
- Complete the Parent/Family and Student Information. If the email you used to create your account is the same email used for Webster Groves School District registration, you should see your Family Information and be able to confirm/update it as necessary. If the email you used to create your account is different, you will be prompted to enter in Family Information from scratch, and you may end up with duplicate Family/Contact records in the system.
- Complete the Directory/Publish Preferences.
- Once these forms are complete, you will be presented with a form for PTO donations.
Please don't hesitate to contact Maria Wetzel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Run For Webster
WGSD Parent Safety Information Night
What: The Webster Groves School District will provide families with information about district safety initiatives, including:
· WGSD School Resource Officers will present an overview of 4E (intruder) training that we conduct with district staff and preview an elementary student presentation
· WGSD Superintendent Dr. John Simpson will provide updates on Prop E safety, accessibility, and space measures
When: Wednesday, October 30th at 7:00
Where: Steger Auditorium
701 N. Rock Hill Road
School Board Seeks Applicants to Fill Vacancy
Free Flu Shots Available at Run for Webster on Saturday
Come join the school district's Wellness Committe during the Run for Webster event on October 19 from 8:00am-11:00am. We will have the Visiting Nurse's Association on site giving flu shots, school nurses doing blood pressure screenings, and information about vaccines. Hope to see you there!
And don't forget to visit the committee webpage for news and resources related health and wellness.