Galvan's Explorer Newsletter
October 4, 2021
Explorer's Mission Statement:
Our Mission is to Empower Explorers to Evolve into Future Ready Citizens in a Safe Learning Community.
EXPLORERS DRESS UP AS A SUPER HERO TO PROMOTE 95% ATTENDANCE DAILY!
Each Explorer's Attendance Matters Each Day!
CAMPUS DATES TO NOTE:
* Galvan Book Fair begins this week for our Explorers!
----Readathon continues this Week! Our Explorers are reading for donations. Please help us reach our goal of $15, 000!!!
* OCTOBER 4th-7th- Book Fair
* OCTOBER 3rd-9th- Fire Prevention Week
* OCTOBER 4th-8th- National Customer Service Week
* OCTOBER 7th- PTA Night @ 5:30 pm
* OCTOBER 11th-15th- INTERSESSION WEEK
* OCTOBER 28th- Fall in the Halls @ 5:30 pm
* OCTOBER 29th- Literature Parade @ 8:30 am
* NOVEMBER 5th- End of 2nd Grading Period
* NOVEMBER 22nd-26th- Thanksgiving Break
DISTRICT 2021-22 CALENDAR
Principal Mrs. Ybarra's Notes:
- School Starts everyday at 7:50 am.
- Please monitor your child daily for any COVID-19 symptoms.
- If your child is feeling sick please keep them at home and call the school to keep us informed.
- Update- If their has been a positive case within the class, parents/guardians will receive a COVID-19 class letter.
- Pick-up begins at 2:55 pm for SpEd Needs Students.
- Pick-up begins at 2:55 pm for PK/Kinder.
- Pick-up begins at 3:05 pm for 1st-5th grade Students.
- Cafeteria is closed to all visitors per re-opening plan.
- No drop offs of any kind per updated re-opeining plan. Please make sure your child has everything they need before they come to school.
- Walk up parents are to give their child's number to Mrs. Josie Reyes in front of the school to assist with dismissal procedures.
- Always make sure to ask your child what was their favorite part of the day or ask them to tell you something good. Have your child ask you the same thing to build conversational skills.
LUNCH MENU FOR THE MONTH
Galvan ES is Capturing Kids' Hearts!
Our Rock Solid Teachers this month will focus on the theme Self-Direct to encourage our students to set future goals while still implementing their class social contracts to continue building strong relationships with one another in order to work together in a positive learning environment.
Self-Direction is the ability and learned skill to cast a vision of future goals and then take intentional steps toward who, where, and what we want to be. Instead of focusing on things to control or avoid, we emphasize our responsibility to make positive choices related to our emotions, attitudes, and actions.