M-CESC Teaching & Learning
August Focus: Preparing for 2020-21
Where do I begin?
And as always, please reach out to us if you have questions.
Building a Culture of Care
Equity Resource as You Begin
A statewide network of ESC personnel worked collaboratively to create a decision-making framework to support districts as they consider best practices, have authentic conversations about instructional expectations and make plans to “reframe education” moving forward.
The time is right for Ohio to begin reframing its education model so that learning can become the constant and time and place can become the variables. The intent of the “Reframing Education” project is to support Ohio districts as they strive to meet the needs of all students in a multifaceted and multilayered manner.
You will find guiding questions, supporting documents and related resources aligned to each of the following areas (with links to those sections we believe you will find most beneficial):
- Create your “Reframing” Purpose, Team, and Goals
- Data Use: Gathering Stakeholder Input
- Educational Considerations – District and Building Level
- Determination of Student Educational Needs
- Educational Considerations and Planning – Teacher Level
- Educational Considerations – Non-building Based Learning Opportunities
- Exceptional and At-Risk Populations
- Remote / Blended Instructional Delivery Resources – Identification and Preparation
- Technology Needs
- Communications Planning
- Professional Development for Educators
- Culture & Climate
- Mental Health – of Students and Staff
ODE Series: Teaching in Uncertain Times
Participants are encouraged to attend all three days of the learning series. Certificates of attendance and contact hours are available for attendees. Participants do not need to register. Each session description contains information to join the session. View the session agendas and descriptions below.
Please note that some sessions will be in the Microsoft Teams Live format. If you have not yet attended a Teams Live event, please review the Participant Q&A prior to attending.
Recorded sessions will be available on this site within 30 days of the Teaching in Uncertain Times professional learning series.
Student Readiness Toolkits
Restart Readiness Assessments
We consider these an ongoing project, so please let us know if you have any suggestions or find issues with any of the links.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP
We have linked upcoming webinars and online workshops that are being offered to educators at no cost.