High School Highlights
Reinventing the urban experience together
November 16 - 22, 2015
Wednesday is our principal's meeting, and I cannot wait to see you all to share our learning. Please be sure to bring: your electronic device of choice, your knowledge of chapters 5 & 6 of Do I Really Have to Teach Reading (along with samples to share of literacy strategies being implemented on your campus) and ideas to share on how you are preparing for December EOC's, any mid-year adjustments you will be making, thoughts on a 9 week grading system, how you maximize your budget and how you build district leaders on your campus.
Tweets of the Week
The PALS at McCallum and Lanier meet at McKinney Falls and do team building activities. Looks like they were having so much fun that they drew a crowd!
Last Wednesday was the annual Austin Veteran's Day Parade and a record number of AISD High Schools participated. I am sure as these Travis ROTC cadets passed the veterans in the crowd, it brought smiles to their faces. remembering their high school days.
Crazy Sock Day
Anderson High School students ease a bit of stress by having a crazy sock day. They really found an array of colorful, crazy socks to adorn their feet!
This weeks events
- 6:30 pm
- Chamber Luncheon
- 6 - 8 pm: BAC Meeting: PAC Center
- Principal's Meeting
- 6 - 7 pm: Budget Fiance Meeting: PAC
- Deadline to submit Innovative Course Applications for non-core courses (submit to Katy Escandell)
- High School Late Start
- 9am and noon: The Freedom Quest of Oney Judge: http://www.austinisd.org/event/2015/aisd-tv-presents-freedom-quest-oney-judge
- 6:15 - 8:15 pm: Facilities and Bond Planning Advisory Committee Meeting: Padron Elementary
* 11/24 Draft enrollment projections due
*January 9: High School Showcase - Location TBD