3rd Grade Newsletter
October 5th-October 16th
What assignments do I turn in to my teacher?
If you would like to be featured in the newsletter, please email a photo of your student schooling to Emily Marks at email@example.com. Be sure to complete the media release form below if you have not already!
During Unit 3, students will be learning about folktales and legends, through reading several different stories, including "The Stone in the Road," "The Tiger, the Brahman, and the Jackal," and "Bruce and the Spider." Be sure to stay on track with OLS lessons by following the Bison On-Track Calendar, so that you are prepared for our discussions in RDL classes.
Quarter 2 Writing TGA
Students will be completing their Quarter 2 Writing TGA in Unit 3, Lesson 14 of their ELA course. We will begin this TGA in class and students will upload their final assignment to Seesaw.
What are we working on?
-Multi-digit addition and subtraction
Extra Content:During the next two weeks, there will be one lesson that includes a "Part 2" on the same day as the main lesson.
*Note: Lessons that include a Part 2 on the same day will now have a "+" on the BOTC.
See below for adjustments to the main lessons to accommodate for the work in Part 2:
Lesson 2.16 Complete only problems 1-3 in the activity book.
Science Fun with Ms. Monday
Tips & Tricks for a Successful School Year
- Class connect attendance is extremely important in addition to completing online coursework. Please prioritize attending class every day and email all teachers if you know you are going to be absent. Communicate with your homeroom teacher about any scheduling conflicts.
- Create a family schedule to stay on track with all students' class connects.
- Come to class prepared. Be sure to eat, use the restroom, do chores, etc. before or after class connects. Log in to class a few minutes early to be ready to start on time.
- Stay on track each day by following the Bison On-Track Calendar.
- All assignments require 80% mastery in order to be marked complete. Click here to watch a video showing how to retake an assessment. If you run out of attempts, contact your homeroom teacher.
- Watch recordings of any missed class connects. Click here to see how to access recordings.
- Clear out browser cache, cookies, and history daily to ensure that your computer runs smoothly with Newrow. Click here for instructions. Shut down your computer each night.
Important Upcoming Dates
- October 14th: Last Day of 1st Quarter-All work to be completed by 5:00 pm
- October 15th & 16th: Fall Break
- October 19th: Records Day
- October 20th-26th: Interim Assessments LIVE in classes
- October 26th: Quarter 2 Writing TGA due in Seesaw
You will be able to find current and past Bison On Track Calendars and Newsletters on the school website.
If you are experiencing technical issues, please use the link above or call 866-512-2273 to submit a ticket.
In Case You Missed It
Teacher Contact Information
Call: (405) 259-9478 ext. 3186
Text: (405) 362-0125
Call: (405) 259-9478, ext. 3091
Text: (405) 309-7671
Call: (405) 259-9478, ext. 3197
Special Education Teachermmiller@okvirtual.org
Special Education Teacher
Call: (405) 259-9478, ext. 2168
Text: (918) 550-4517
The Oklahoma Virtual Charter Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access educational programs and activities. As required by Title IX, the Oklahoma Virtual Charter Academy does not discriminate on the basis of gender, in its educational programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the Title IX non-discrimination matters:
- Angie Foust, Title IX Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, (405) 259-9478 ext 2069, 1160 S Douglas, Midwest City, OK 73130
- Additionally, you may contact the Office of Civil Rights by calling 1-800-421-3481.