June 1, 2017
Weekly Parent Info
Hello Roosevelt families!! A few reminders for the week:
• Staffing Changes: As always, there are staffing changes for next year. Here goes...Tom Mitchell has been hired as our new counselor. Brittany Amborn has been hired as the Behavior Support teacher. Dani Selberg has been hired as a 2nd grade teacher. Welcome to these new staff members!
• Summer Meals: Roosevelt will again be serving a FREE breakfast and lunch all summer long to anyone age 18 and younger. Breakfast will be served from 7:30-8:30 each Monday-Friday, and lunch will be served from 11:15-12:15 each Monday-Friday. This will begin on Thursday, June 8 and continue into mid-August. No meals will be served on July 4.
• Entrance Conference Sign-Up will be different next fall. We plan to do this process electronically, so be on the look out for a summer letter that details how to go about doing this, finding out your child's teacher, etc.
• Next year, Roosevelt will be extending our lunch and recess to 40 minutes! This is awesome news, and it is in response to feedback that parents shared in the Thought Exchange survey from last year.
• Summer Slide: Check out this website that lists ideas to prevent summer slide. Take note of the math and reading links. I thought the Summer Math Challenge link looked particularly intriguing, and already signed my own children up for the math challenge that is emailed to me each day starting in mid-June. This information might prove helpful in lessening the summer slide phenomenon.
• YEARBOOKS: We have some remaining yearbooks. If you would like one, please stop in the Roosevelt office tomorrow with $12.
• Thank you so much for an amazing year!! Have a very enjoyable summer. We'll see you back in the fall.
As always, thank you for supporting our work!
New Picnic Tables
Check out the awesome new picnic table that Adriana, a current 5th grader, won in a locker decorating contest sponsored by 3M. They are amazing--come eat lunch sometime--we have 3 of them!!
The Power of Persuasion
Dandeil, a current 3rd grader, wrote a persuasive letter to Superintendent Allen, asking for more green space at Roosevelt. He received a special visit, a brief conversation, and a "Tough Kids Play on Tar" t-shirt from the Superintendent!
Parade of Graduates
Former Roosevelt Raccoons participated in an amazing Parade of Graduates through the halls of Roosevelt last Friday. It was inspirational for all!