Spanish 2 Week 17 Update
Sra. Odom - Spring 2016
Preparing for the Final Exam and Final Project
I would like to remind you of some things, as they pertain to the Final Exam/Project:
- Make sure that students have attended a Preparing for the Final Exam/Project RLC (this week or next).
- Complete the following technology check before the final exam/project: Please check your computer/s to make sure that Java and Quicktime are updated, as there are audio portions to which you will need to listen, as well as respond. They should also make sure to use Mozilla Firefox as their web browser. Please also make sure that the cache has been cleared.
- Students in Spanish 2 courses are scheduled to take the final exam/project during the week of May 16-20. They should NOT wait until the last minute to do either/both parts! I recommend finishing one part by Tuesday and the other part by Thursday (just in case something goes wrong)!
- The final exam/project will be available until Friday December 20th at 11:55 pm, when the course is scheduled to close.
- The final exam/project (average of BOTH/TWO parts) are worth 25% of the student's final course grade.
- The final exam and project are both cumulative (including info. from all units). (See below for more details on what to expect.)
- Students need to complete BOTH parts in order to be successful. **They are NOT to use anything besides their brain (no notes, no dictionaries, no translators, no people, etc.)**
If there are any technical problems, during the exam/project, students should contact me and you/ELA immediately, so that we can identify/fix the issue. Students should review/study thoroughly before taking the exam using the "All Spanish 2 Instructional Content" section of the course. I recommend that students plan ahead and schedule the exam as soon as they can take it, but definitely before Friday (so if there are any tech issues, I will have time to identify/fix them before the exam/course closes).
What is the composition of the final exam?
- The Final Exam is composed of multiple choice/fill-in-the-blank questions based on reading, listening, writing, and a little culture. (Think of this as a mixture of the Prueba de Vocabulario, Escribir, Escuchar, and Actividad Cultural assignments in the course.)
- The Final Project is a reflection/creation project using a web 2.0 tool of the students' choice (similar to the unit final projects, but much more extensive). This project should reflect on and showcase what students have learned in Spanish II this semester.
How to prepare for the final exam:
- Attend the Final RLC
- Reread instruction in All Spanish 2 Instructional Content section of the course.
- Go back and do the BBC supplementary activities, if they didn't before to help review.
- (Re)read any/all instructional announcements/learning block posts.
- Go back and (re)read feedback on assignments to identify what errors were made in the past, so as not to make them again.
- Complete the final exam review.
- Ask me if there any questions on any of the material and/or would like additional practice. I'm happy to meet with students on BB IM, via phone, text, and/or on BB Collaborate. :-)
This Week's Final RLC Schedule:
- Tues, May 10 @ 7 pm
- Tues, May 10 @ 9 pm
- Wed, May 11 @ 8 pm
- Thurs, May 12 @ 8 pm
- Fri, May 13 @ 9 am
- Sun, May 15 @ 3 pm
- Sun, May 15 @ 4 pm
- Sun, May 15 @ 7 pm
- Mon, May 16 @ 9 am
Students who need help
Click here to see the most up-to-date list. Please note that students should have a headset w/ microphone OR a computer with built-in speakers and microphone.
The NCVPS Virtual Support Center is available for technical assistance (for which I cannot do/help). They can be reached via phone during business hours or any time via Help Desk ticket.