And Event Calendar for the Week of October 28th
The first week totals for our Squad Food Drive!
- Smart Squad: 91 Vienna Sausages
- Selfless Squad: 46 Vienna Sausages
- For the Week 1 Win the Strong Squad: 112 Vienna Sausages!
The total food collection for Week 1: 249 Vienna Sausages!
For Week 2 the item that is being collected is Pop Top Soup or Pop Top Ravioli! Which Squad will be in the lead after Week 2?
Red Ribbon Week at Southside October 28th - November 1st
Monday - Making healthy choices is the key to finding your dreams! Wear PJs!
- Tuesday - Put a Paw on Kindness - Wear Southside Spirit Wear!
- Wednesday - Our Squad Makes Good Choices! Wear your Squad Color!
- Thursday - Southside Tigers Make Great Choices! Wear Orange and Black
- Friday - Wear Red for Wellness Day
Southside Food Drive Squad Challenge
- Week of October 28th: Pop Top Soup/Ravioli
- Week of November 4th: Box of Pop Tarts
- Week of November 11th: Box of Cereal Bars (no nuts/peanut butter)
- Week of November 18th: Box of Snacks (pudding cups, cheese crackers etc.)
Picture Re-Take Day
Fall Classroom Celebrations on Thursday, October 31st
Holiday Assistance Information
Your Shelby County Salvation Army Service Unit will be accepting
2019 Angel Tree Christmas
For children 14 years and under
Stratton Community Center, 215 Washington Street, Shelbyville
Saturday, October 26th * 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Tuesday, October 29th * 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Saturday, November 2nd * 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Needed for application:
1) ID and document proving Shelby County residency
2) Birth Certificate for each child
All applicants MUST be a LEGAL GUARDIAN possessing ID with their current Shelby County address and one current piece of mail, vehicle registration, or similar document proving current Shelby County residency.
All applicants MUST have BIRTH CERTIFICATE for each child listing guardian as parent or proof of guardianship will be required.
Southside Save the Date!
- October 28th-November 1st: Red Ribbon Week @ Southside
- October 30th: Picture Re-Take Day
- November 1st: Kindergarten Field Trip to Mulberry Orchard
- November 5th: No School for students
- November 6th: Report Cards come home
- November 7th: Parent/Teacher Conference Day 3:00PM-7:00PM
- November 11th: Veterans Day
- November 27th-29th: Thanksgiving Break
- December 23rd-January 1st: Winter Break