Mrs. Pierce's Post
Week of April 4, 2016
- Students need to reach level D in reading to be ready for 1st grade
- Rainbow sight words can prepare your child to be more than ready for 1st grade
- Listening to your child read, reading with your child, or reading to your child are all supportive of your childs' learning
- Questions to ask your child about stories read... Is this a fiction or non-fiction story and why? What is this story mostly about? What does this story remind you of?
If you have an incoming Kindergartener or know someone who does for AMES 2016-2017 school year please join us for Blast Off THIS THURSDAY, April 7, 2016 at 6:00pm!
We will have a special delivery on Wednesday! Please ask your child what it was. Be sure to have them write their response in a complete sentence in the agenda book for a special prize!
Focus Letter: Qq
Sight Words: Orange & Yellow word review (spelling and reading)
Phonics: y sometimes says /e/and /i/, sneaky "e", rhyming word families, chunk review
Reading: Non-fiction and fact findings, making connections
Math: counting money, identifying number partners with break apart lines, identifying and recognizing groups using more, fewer, less
April 5 - PTO meeting @ 5
April 7 - Blast off to Kindergarten @ 6
April 14 - Cookies and Canvas (PTO event) @ 6:00
April 15 - Muffins w/ Mom
May 13- AMES Art Show
- Homework packets are due each Friday. Please sign and return in the folder.
- Kindergarten News is sent home daily. Please return the next day completed.
- Agendas are the MAIN way for daily communication! Please check and initial them daily.
- $5 cash or a healthy snack (enough for each student) is due each month.
- Lunch $ should be sent in an envelope labeled Lunch Money with your child's name, Mrs. Pierce's name, and amount enclosed.
- If you have any additional forms or notes for the school or teacher please put in the agenda as they are checked daily. Also, make note in the agenda incase it should happen to fall out or placed elsewhere