February 1, 2018
Roosevelt Weekly Parent Info
Hello to all Roosevelt Raccoons! Here are a few reminders for the week:
• Roosevelt Night At The Musuem: BACK by popular demand...it's Roosevelt's night at the Children's Museum of Southern Minnesota. When? TOMORROW, Friday, February 2 from 6:00-8:00 PM. This event is FREE to all Roosevelt students and their families. This is not a drop-off event; students must attend with a parent or guardian. Come and play and have fun!
• Yearbooks are on sale! Here is the link you can use to order your child's yearbook. The Roosevelt code is: 3686718. As a reminder, 5th graders receive a FREE yearbook, a $12 value courtesy of the Roosevelt PTO. If 5th graders would like to add personalization or other upgrades, parents will have to add these items and pay for these additional costs using the paper order form and not the online option! Paper order forms will be coming home tomorrow, Friday, February 2.
• OKAY Campaign! We are nearing the end of the official "OKAY Campaign" but the idea and the spirit of the campaign should live on in daily practice. Thank you for your support of this project. We are hopeful that you have seen real benefit in helping to shape this behavior and reinforce the importance of this idea.
• Mark your calendar...the Roosevelt Family Reading Celebration & the Roosevelt Science Fair will be held on Friday, February 16. Here are the Family Reading Celebration times--come, snuggle in, and read with your child. RSVP HERE!
Kindergarten - 8:55-9:25
First Grade - 9:30-10:00
Second Grade - 10:55-11:25
Third Grade - 10:10-10:40
Fourth Grade - 11:30-12:00
Fifth Grade - 1:20-1:50.
• Have you noticed recently that you haven't been receiving as many flyers in your child's red Friday Folder? That's because many of them are sent in THIS NEWSLETTER. See below for the link to the Community Flyers. Simply click on the link to see what's new!
As always, thank you for supporting our work!
Dedication & Practice
Jaeger asked Coach Harrington at our January celebration, "What does it take to be a good hockey player?" His answer, "DEDICATION & PRACTICE!!!" Great question, Jaeger!
Mrs. Hebl's Class Wins the Reading Banner
Kudos to Mrs. Hebl's class for winning the reading banner at Roosevelt's January celebration. Keep those reading bookmarks coming!!! Readers are leaders!
Principal for the Morning
Matt was an AMAZING principal at Roosevelt last Thursday. He was just the man for the job. Way to go, Matt. Keep reading, Raccoons!!!