Messages from Memorial
GIve yourselves a pat on the back, you have made it through 6 weeks of eLearning. I know that this has been new and sometimes stressful. Your committment to your children and their learning has been incredible. I hope your family is continuing to be healthy, physically and mentally. In discussion with the staff, the number one issue we are having is missing everyone at school, especially the students. We are committed to make the best of this situation and do our best teaching eLearning lessons which will help our students grow and learn. Parents, please do not hesitate to reach out to your child's teachers if he/she is experiencing difficulty with assignments. There are so many stressful factors right now, the school work should not be one of them. Your families health and sense of well-being is the most important thing right now.
With great respect,
School Staff Appreciation Week - May 4 - May 8
PTO Staff Appreciation Plans
If you would like to help with a class gift/project, please contact your child’s head room parent. Their name and contact information can be found on the Memorial Elementary PTO webpage.
The PTO will be honoring the staff using the following schedule:
Monday: Grades K-2 teachers
Tuesday: Specials & resource
Wednesday: Grades 3-5 teachers
Friday: Office, nurses & custodians, lunch
MEMORIAL PTO NEWS
Please note we are still looking for a President and Treasurer for the 20-21 school year. If you would like more information about those positions, please contact Mrs. Debra Krieg-Lewis, the current President. Both positions are important to many of the great opportunities the PTO provides for the students, families, and staff at Memorial.
THANK YOU TO ALL WHO PARTICPATED IN THE VIRTUAL SILENT AUCTION. OVER $2,000 RAISED!
Cybersafety for Children at Common Sense Media
Support from Mrs. Seip
Support by Mrs. Peart
Frequently Asked Questions by Memorial Parents
- Yearbooks will be handed out when we are able to have students in the building to collect all materials.
When will Kindergarten Roundup take place?
- The first step for Kindergarten Roundup is to complete this Pre-registration Form before May 1. After that you will receive the necessary forms and information emailed to you. These forms will be used to complete registration in person at Memorial when the school reopens. Updated information may be found on the VCS Website.
When may I pick up my child's personal belongings left at school?
- We are unable to return to the building at this time. However, when able, we will set up a day/time for students to retrieve their personal belongings and return library books and other school materials. As soon as that day/time is set, we will let you know.
Will there be summer school this year?
- Unfortunately, VCS will not be holding summer school for elementary aged students this year. The indiana Department of Education has stated that we may not use our buildings for summer classes.
How can I find out about the Free Meals for VCS students?
- For the most up to date information about the Free Meals, go to this VCS Website Page.
What can I do if my child's school Chromebook needs repairs?
- You can complete the form on VCS Device Repair page.
What if my situation has changed and my child now needs a school device to complete eLearning?
- You can request a school device by completing the form on the K-5 Device Request page on the VCS website.
The office is closed, who can I call for help?
- You may still call the school office, at 531-3090, and calls will be forwarded to Mrs. Remijan or Mrs. Misecko. You may also email Mrs. Misecko or Mrs. Remijan.
We are moving, how do I withdraw my child from school?
- Please contact Mrs. Misecko at the above contact link or phone number.