Social Worker for Kids & Families
helping people with their psychological functioning
Provide social services to help improve the psychological functioning of children or even families. Also to help the academic functioning of the children. They may help parents, arrange adoptions, or find foster homes for children in need. They can work in schools and address problems such as teenage pregnancy, misbehavior, or problems within the child's home.
- Entry Wage- $11.88/hr and $25k/yr
- Highest Wage- $21.62/hr and $45k/yr
Some requirements for this job:
- Must have listening ears!
- At least a Bachelors degree in Psychology or Sociology
- Allow the patient to express their personality without judgement
Examples of the Social Worker's environment:
Pellissippi Community College + University of Tennessee
- Most social workers retire around the age of 65
- Currently 24% of the social workers in the U.S are going to retire in 1-10 years