Forest Lake Elementary
Honest - Empathetic - Respectful - Own my actions
10-8-21 Principal Note
We continue to work to make Forest Lake Elementary a safe and welcoming place for all students and staff. We are continuing the work with our Safe Space Response Team that started three years ago after we had a number of reports of hateful language being used by students.
The FLE Safe Space Response Team has had many discussions with students at FLE about their use of hate speech for the past 3 years. In an effort to be proactive with setting expectations for all students, we hold classroom presentations at the beginning of each year. During the presentations we focus on the 3 most common offenses: race-related comments (e.g. the “n-word”), ability-related comments (e.g. the “r-word”), and LGBTQ+-related comments (e.g. using “gay” in a negative way.)
We hope these efforts help in creating a positive school experience for all students!
Important Upcoming Dates
- Monday, October 11th - PTA Meeting (details below)
- Thursday, October 14th - PICTURE DAY WILL BE RESCHEDULED
- Thursday, October 14th - Parent/Teacher Conferences 4:00-8:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 19th - Parent/Teacher Conferences 4:00-8:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 20th - No School, Parent/Teacher Conferences 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Thursday, October 21st - No School, MEA Break
- Friday, October 22nd - No School, MEA Break
COVID-19 cases this week
As of noon on Friday, we do not have any newly reported positive students cases at Forest Lake Elementary this. We will continue to follow guidelines as spelled out in the district’s School-Based COVID-19 Mitigation Matrix.
Mask requirement expiring at Forest Lake Elementary - masks continue to be strongly recommended
Our school health office continues to monitor COVID-19 activity at school, and we are happy to report a reduction this week in the number of students at home sick with COVID-like symptoms. We have dropped below the 5% threshold, so beginning Monday, October 11, masks will be strongly recommended, but not required, for students and staff in our building.
We will continue to monitor illnesses and follow the plan outlined in the COVID-19 Mitigation Matrix that was approved by the Forest Lake Area School Board on August 26, 2021.
Please continue to monitor your students for signs of illness. It is important that students do not attend school when ill and/or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19. If your child has symptoms of COVID-19, or tests positive for COVID-19, please notify the school health office right away at 651-982-3203. In addition, if your child has COVID-like symptoms, but receives a different diagnosis from a doctor (for instance a positive strep test), please let our health office know.
A list of helpful links is included below. If you have additional questions, contact the school health office. Thank you for helping to keep our school community safe.
Helpful links from the Minnesota Department of Health:
Shortage of bus drivers
- Learn your bus number! If any routes are canceled, a district-wide message will be sent to you saying bus # ?? is not going to be running that particular day.
- Make a contingency plan. Decide ahead of time what you will do if your bus route is canceled.
- If a route is canceled, students may still attend school if you can transport them.
- If families are not able to transport student(s), students should email their homeroom teacher for assignments for that day
A note about halloween
FLE Educational Equity Pledge
To help set the tone of our school culture we have added this equity pledge to our morning announcements. These are the commitments we make to our students everyday.
We value your strengths and contributions
You are respected for who you are
Your voice will be heard and appreciated
You are cared about
We will work to represent you in our curriculum
We want you to feel comfortable and welcomed at school
We will support you to be academically confident and challenged
You will be empowered to achieve your goals, dreams and full potential
We all will take responsibility in creating a more just society
Here Comes the Bus
Here Comes the Bus for Forest Lake Area Schools
- View the real-time location of your child’s bus
- Access the app from your smartphone, tablet or computer
- Receive push notifications or email alerts
- Send your child to the bus stop at just the right time, every time
How to get started:
- Download the Here Comes the Bus app (available in the App Store and Google Play) or visit herecomesthebus.com
- Click “Sign Up” (top right corner on the website)
- Enter school code 38313 and click “Next” followed by “Confirm”
- Complete the “User Profile” box
- Under “My Students,” click “Add.” Enter your child’s last name and student ID number - Student ID numbers can be found on ParentVUE
- Once you have confirmed your information, you’re ready to begin using Here Comes the Bus!
- For their safety, we continue to request that students be at the bus stop five minutes before the bus arrives.
- Notifications for your bus are based on a radius and distance away from your bus stop. You can customize that radius within the app to provide the best timing for notification.
- Students who live in dual households can be added separately. One household will be entered with the regular student ID number and the other will be entered with the student ID plus * (for example, 12345*)
Shop Amazon and Support Our Schools!
Help raise funds for our schools effortlessly! Use the link below when shopping Amazon and our AmazonSmiles program will donate to our school with each purchase. Please note that the Amazon App does not qualify for this give back program.
Office Hours (School Days): 7:45 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Office Phone Number: 651-982-3200
Health Office: 651-982-3203
Attendance Line: 651-982-3203
Student School Hours:
- Student drop off starts at 9:00 a.m.
- School starts at 9:15 a.m.
- School dismisses at 3:40 p.m.