WOMS Wolverine Newsletter
May 16, 2023
West Orient Middle School
Mark Your Calendars
May 17 - Spring Fling tickets on sale in the main office ($10 - exact change or check)
May 18 - Spring Fling tickets on sale in the main office ($10 - exact change or check)
May 18 - last day to purchase Spring Fling tickets (no late sales will be accepted)
May 19 - Spring Fling - NO day of tickets will be sold at the door!
May 24 - 5th grade parent night starting at 5:30 PM
May 25 - Band Concert at SBHS starting at 7 PM
May 26 - Raise Craze All School BBQ lunch & Social
May 29 - Memorial Day - No School
Final Updates and Reminders
2. Tickets will be on sale in the main office on Wednesday (5/17) and Thursday (5/18), or you can purchase them online.
3. No outside guests allowed.
4. Campus will be closed during the event including our recess areas.
Looking for donations for our PAWS store!
If you are able, please purchase any of the items below and drop them by the office:
- Goldfish - individual bags
- Gatorade - small size
- Croc Charms
- Granola bars
- Jolly ranchers
- Small chocolates (kisses)
- Takis - individual bags
Thank you for all the ways you support us at West Orient!
Thanks to all who have already brought in donations!
Next Track Meet on Tuesday (5/16/23) - 6th grade only
Good luck West Orient Wolverines!
Upcoming 8th Grade Events
On June 9th, the 8th graders who meet the field trip expectations (see below) will be heading to Oaks Park for the day. We will be sharing more details later this spring including cost, departure and arrival times, and what to bring!
On June 12th from 5:00 - 6:00 PM, we will be celebrating all of our students at Sam Barlow HS Auditorium as the complete their final day of middle school. Families are encouraged to attend and are asked not to arrive prior to 4:45 PM.
Oaks Park is around the corner!
- Date: Friday, June 9th (transportation provided to and from school)
- Cost: $15 per student
- Permission slips being sent home on Monday, May 22nd.
- Signed permission slips and $15 fee due by Wednesday, May 31st
Please note: Oaks Park is closed to the general public on these special school event days.