October 1, 2017
Upcoming This Week:
- BJH Lady Eagle Volleyball at Peaster 4:00 p.m.
Tuesday, October 3rd
- 6th grade Running Club
- BJH Tennis vs. Brewer at Brock High School
Wednesday, October 4th
- NHS Tutoring after school
- Brock Cross Country Meet
Thursday, October 5th
- BJH Football at Quinlan Ford
Friday, October 6th
- Fall Festival at BES
Saturday, October 7th
- BJH Lady Eagles A Volleyball Tournament
- BJH Student Council at Fall Conference - Lake Dallas
UIL: Teachers will be contacting students to establish practice time for UIL. 5th grade District UIL Meet is December 5th. 6th - 8th grade District UIL Meet is December 12th.
6th-grade Slime: Slime is no longer allowed on campus. We have tried to allow them the opportunity to have it as long as it was not a classroom disruption or created messes, but unfortunately, we do need to ask that they no longer bring it.
Baby Food Jars: Mrs. Judd, the Art teacher, is asking for clean baby food jars for her classroom. Please feel free to drop those off in the front office. Thanks!
Passionately Pink Week (PPW) and Red Ribbon Week (RRW): We have 2 weeks with lots of celebration coming up this month. We will celebrate PPW, October 9 - 13 and RRW, October 30th - November 3rd. Be on the lookout for more information to come regarding these 2 weeks.
Summer Reading Books: If you have books from this summer's reading that you no longer want to store, please feel free to donate those to the library. Questions about other possible book donations can be directed to Angela Grimm - email@example.com. We have our 1st Book Fair scheduled to kick off on Monday, October 23rd!
Brock Sports: You can now follow in-game scores and final scores for Brock athletic teams on the app “Score Stream”. Scores can be updated by users throughout the game. You will need to download the Score Stream app to your smartphone or go to https://scorestream.com/ then sign up to see Brock Eagles scores. You can also view scores on the Brock Athletic website at http://www.brockisd.net/25147
Dress Code Concerns
There are a few things that need to be specifically addressed that seem to be consistent:
- Boys: The biggest concern we see is boys that have long hair that extends below the eyebrow but they push it to the side so that it is not in front of their eyes. This is not in compliance with the policy. If the hair extends below the eyebrows then it is too long.
- Girls: There are lots of cute tops that are being worn that have large v-neck cuts that are showing the girls undergarments underneath. There should be no undergarment item showing on the young ladies.
The Dress Code Policy has not changed since last year, but if you need to reference it, click here and then scroll to page 37. If you have questions, please let us know.
Armed Forces Display
BJH Grading Policy
- Daily grades = 50%; tests/projects/major grades = 50%
- There will be a minimum of 8-10 daily grades each six weeks.
- There will be a minimum of 2-4 test/project/major grades each six weeks.
- Grades will be posted to parent portal no later than 1 week from the due date of the assignment
- Work missed as a result of an unexcused absence will receive a grade no higher than a 70.
*Individual teacher discretion regarding his/her late work policy.
- Friday, October 20th - The Ranch (there was a date change)
BJH will host the following Pep Rallies at BJH at 2:50 p.m.:
- Thursday, November 2nd
BJH Lunch Times
5th grade: 10:55 a.m. - 11:25 a.m.
6th grade: 12:30 p.m. - 1;00 p.m.
7th grade: 11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
8th grade 12:00 p.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Eagle Garden - something we are working toward.....
Our primary goal of the Eagle Garden is to enrich the curriculum and support project-based and experiential learning. This outdoor learning center will allow for all levels of students to engage in agricultural practices on a small scale, learning about the responsibilities and impacts of land cultivation. We are currently in the planning phase of the Eagle Garden but would welcome any community support to help get this off the ground and to fruition by the start of next school year. Please direct questions/ideas/support to Nancy Beaty @ firstname.lastname@example.org