October 30, 2019
Notes from Mrs. Klueppel...
Please note the following items for your attention:
- Students are NOT to wear costumes to school on Halloween.
- Safety Drills: Staff and students practiced their Fire, Safety, and Weather drills yesterday, 10/29, with the assistance of our local Fire Department and Police Officers. The students did an outstanding job following expectations for each drill. We were able to "clear the school" in under 3min during our fire drill- that is record time and well under the guidelines.
Please take a moment to talk with your child(ren) about their experience during these drills. See if they can tell you the BG expectations for each drill. I am so very proud of them!
End of 1st Trimester - 11/1
Report Cards will be available on HAC (Home Access Center) on 11/13
- Sign-Up for Parent Teacher conferences closes 11/22. See details below.
- Late picture orders can be completed online at www.ordercp.com
SIP Days: Dismissal is at 11:40 AM:
Nov. 3 - Turn Your Clocks Back 1 Hour
Sign-Up for Conferences
The parent sign-up window for Pick-A-Time Conferences closes at 11:59 PM on 11/22.
Parent Teacher conferences have been arranged for Nov 25 & 26. Classroom teachers have arranged their schedules to accommodate families with morning and evening conferences. As students have the week off from school, many families utilize this time to travel and gather with their loved ones for the Thanksgiving holiday. Again this year, we are asking those unable to meet in person to schedule a 20 min phone conference on either November 25 or 26. Please utilize the online conference scheduler Pick-a-Time to set your conference and follow up with your child’s teacher to confirm that your conference will be conducted via phone. If neither option works, classroom teachers will arrange a separate phone conference when able during their work day.
Click here for directions on how to use Pick-A-Time.
- Parents are able to sign-up for conferences with classroom teachers, as well as with Mr. Mac, via Pick-A-Time. If you want make an appointment with a traveling teacher or specialist, please email them directly to arrange a conference.
- If you child has Mrs. Ploszek as a teacher, please follow the specific sign-up details in the email she sent you.
Veterans Day 2019
Kindergarten-4th Grade Families:
On Monday, November 11th, Bell Graham Elementary School will honor our local Veterans for Veterans Day 2019. This is an invitation to Veterans who are family members or friends of our students. We also welcome any Bell Graham graduates who have or are currently serving our country! Our celebration includes the posting of colors, Pledge of Allegiance, patriotic songs, and poems. This celebration not only honors those who have served, but helps our students to understand the impact Veterans have on our lives and our freedom.
In order to make this event a success, we would like to have the names of Veterans who will attend our celebration. A Veteran is any type of military personnel who has or is currently serving our country in any branch of the Armed Forces. Please fill out and return the bottom portion of this invitation if you have a Veteran who will be attending our 11/11/19 celebration.
We have two at home activities we are asking families to participate in with us.
- Families who have a Veteran who has served in the military are asked to complete the “Bell-Graham Veteran” sheet. Please attach a photograph or draw a picture of the relative and send these filled out pages to school with your child by November 4. These will be displayed in our lobby for all to see.
- We ask that all families complete the “Thank You for the Freedom” sheet. Together, talk with your child to think of one freedom that they are glad to have because of the dedication and sacrifice of our military.
5th Grade Families:
- It's Spirit Week: Oct 31 Halloween Themed Clothing & Nov 1 PJ Day
- We are collecting socks this week.
- Candy/Cards/Letters for Troops will be collected next week, Nov. 1 - Nov. 5th.
From the Nurse...
Report all absences to your child's school. Please provide what your child's symptoms are most importantly if they have Fever, Cough and or Sore throat.
Keep a child home from school when:
• Your child has had a fever of 100 degrees F or more within the past 24 hours
• Your child has had vomiting or diarrhea within the past 24 hours
• Your child has an unexplained rash, sore or pink eyes with a discharge
• Your child has a persistent, productive cough
** Your child should be fever free for 24 hours without medication before returning to school
** If a bacterial infection has been diagnosed, your child MUST have 24 hours of antibiotics before returning to school
** If your child has not fully recovered or remained home for the recommended length of time, parents may be contacted and asked to take the child home.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
Oct 31 Halloween Themed Clothing
Nov 1 PJ Day!
Nov 8 Book Club 3-4pm
Nov 11 Veteran’s Day Assembly (Reception for Veterans at 8:15am, Assembly at 9am)
Nov 15 Movie Night 6:30-8:30
Nov 19 PTO Meeting, 6:30pm, LRC
The first Movie Night of the year will be on Friday November 15th at 6:30pm. Vote for your favorite movie via penny wars! The contenders are: Aladdin, Lion King and Toy Story 4. Containers for penny wars will be in the lobby before school MWF next week (Nov 4, 6, 8), and then Mon-Thurs Nov 11-14. Bring your spare change and make your vote count! The winning movie will be announced via email on the day of the event!
Movie night is free. Popcorn and water will be provided!
COMMITTEE CHAIR OPENING:
Have you been wanting to help out the PTO, but do not know where to start? We still have a few open chair positions in need of parents to jump in and help out!
Every Spring, the St. Charles Greater Education Foundation asks every PTO in District 303 to create an auction basket for their fundraising gala in April. Just pick a fun theme & use our budget to create a basket to help raise money for scholarships that will go to local kids.
Please contact Kim Nudera, if you are interested in more information on how you can do your part this year! email@example.com or 312-399-3374
Book Club is on Friday November 8th. Please click here to sign up
BIG HEARTS OF FOX VALLEY:
The PTO is proud to announce that we will be helping support the Big Hearts of Fox Valley this holiday season. There is a box in the lobby where you can place new, unwrapped toys and/or gift cards.
Sign-up for the Big Hearts of Fox Valley Gift Wrapping Event. It's a way for the community to come together to wrap the donated gifts for children in need in D303.
There will be plenty of FREE food, FREE drinks and jolly music for the entire family. If you want to bring your own wrapping paper, you can but isn’t required. Wrist bands will be required for everyone entering the gift wrapping area.
Please note that the date for Bingo Night has been changed to Thursday January 23rd
Our next PTO Meeting will be on Thursday November 19th IN THE EVENING! 6:30pm in the LRC. There is a great aganeda planned...We will be going on a Sensory Path “Field Trip” with Andrea Vantine, OT as well as a Playground Committee Update with STC Park District insight. Please bring any questions you may have for the PTO! Please see the minutes from the October meeting here.
Thank you to all who attended Fall Fest. It was a huge success and so much fun! Thank you to the Fall Fest Committee and the countless volunteers who helped to make it such a great night!
Absences should be called in before 8:40 AM if your child will be absent for any portion of the day. The number is 331-228-2100 and has voicemail. You can call during the evening or overnight and leave a message. Please leave your child’s name, their teachers name and the reason why your child is out. If they are ill, please indicate their symptoms (headache, vomiting, etc.).