Fill yer sails with the amazing work of ye mateys at NP3!
September 22, 2014
Gear it up for parents and break Pirates!
NP3 Announcements Mateys!
For Teachers Only:
· Box Tops: Turn your box tops in to Giao weekly, she will hold onto them for you! Oct 24th is the last day. The advisory who gets the most in will win a prize!
· Honor Roll: Remember to share with your kids the qualifications for end of the year honor roll! This will hopefully help with the mass of retakes that happen 4th quarter for some grade levels. See below info on HR.
· Fall Break: No school Oct 29-Oct 10! See you back on Oct 13th
- Technology: Staff can turn technology in to J Bell Friday before leaving or take it home. Please be sure to label each item clearly.
· Independent Studies: Kids who tell you they will be leaving for 10 or more school days need to get IS papers filled out with their school counselor. Approval depends on grades, length of time, reasons for leaving, etc.
Share with Advisees:
· Booster Meeting: Parents are welcome and encouraged to attend the next booster meeting on Monday Oct 13th @ 6:30 in the NP3 Library.
· ACE: After school organized sports and homework support. Feel free to contact Mrs. MacArthur if you have any questions at email@example.com.
· Box Tops: Help NP3 raise money! Turn your box tops in to your advisory teacher! Sept 2-Oct 24th. The advisory who gets the most in will win a prize!
· Honor Roll Info: Occurs at the end of the school year. Principal’s Honor Roll is the highest of academic distinctions. To achieve this, an NP3 student must achieve a 3 or 4 on all standards, sub-standards and overarching standards. Honor Roll is a distinction of which a student must achieve a 3 or 4 on all overarching standards. A student may have 2's in sub-standards.
· Career Day: Does your mom, dad or relative have an interesting career? Please let Mrs. Parr know! We are looking for volunteers to make our Career Fair a success! Please email Mrs. Parr @ firstname.lastname@example.org
· Parent Conferences: Q1 conferences are held this week! This week is all minimum days. Please sign up for a time with your students’ advisor!
· HWC: Is closed during parent conference week!
· Fall Break: No school Oct 29-Oct 10! See you back on Oct 13th!
· Yearbook: Remember to order your school yearbook! Prices are $22 for soft-cover and $28 for a hard-cover until Thanksgiving break. After the break the prices go up. Cash or checks made out to NP3 are acceptable and online ordering is an option!
· STEM: California State University Sacramento will be hosting a conference for girls grades 6-8 on Saturday, October 11th. This conference is designated to empower young women to pursue education and careers in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics). If you are interested in registering your student for this confrence please go to: http://www.cce.csus.edu/conferences/eyh/eyh14/index.cfm?pid=765