San Marcos Elementary
Weeks of November 17th and Dec. 1st
11/17 Parent Teacher Conference Day
11/18 Minimum Day Dismissal all at 1:25
Stephanie to Principal Council
6:30 Girls Scouts Meeting in MPR
11/19 Stephanie to DO- AM
3:00-6:00 North County Health Services in MPR
5:30 Migrant Ed Meeting in MPR
8:45 Student of the Month Flag Assembly
2nd grade 1000 Celebration
11/24-28 THANKSGIVING Break!!!
12/1 WELCOME BACK
Student Council Food Drive Begins
9:00 Stephanie to DO
3:30 Leadership Meeting
9:30 Hard Lock Down Drill
3:15 Student Council
2:30 PLC Meeting
8:00 SSA Family Meetings
5:00 Girl Scout Training-MPR
8:45 Primary Flag
12:00 Second grade to Sleeping Beauty at SMHS
Girls on the Run Race - Liberty Station
- From Ana Hallman-We've been learning about community helpers and today we focused on police officers. I asked the class "What can police officers do?" and one little boy raised his hand and said "A police officer can catch principals!". After some investigating it turns out he meant prisoners (I hope, or the future principals of SMUSD need to watch out for Police Officer Joshua).
- A HUGE thank you to all of you who worked so hard on assessments, grading assessments, inputting scores into multiple locations and being patient with the craziness of the report cards this trimester. It has been a wacky time, I value all of you who have been able to be flexible, willing to laugh off the frustrations and who just went with the flow. Sometimes when things are just out of our control the best thing to do is LAUGH.
- Mimo Masuda had a chance to go to the Sean O'Shea luncheon and share with volunteers of the foundation about our school. She was happy to share how much our instructors LOVE SME students and their time at our school. We are so lucky to be able to provide them with this experience. Thank you for going Mimo!
- Thank you to Brittne, Alma, Rolayne, Sandra, Fernando, Monica (and JP), Janet, and Matthew for taking time on a Saturday to go to the SDCUE Tech Conference. We were able to go to so many sessions that shared such valuable information. I appreciate you all for going!
- Thank you to our Student Council advisors for helping us to remember to be grateful for what we have- Food Drive begins in December.
- Have you had a chance to stop by the nurse's office? Stop by and say hi to Stephanie Prieto, our new Health Clerk.
- Thanks Social Committee for scheduling in another HH- we can new have too many of them!
- GREAT NEWS! The DO has approved our request for an additional full time Special Education Teacher! We will be interviewing in Dec. We will be restructuring again, but we will make sure to let you know ahead of time if it will affect your students in your classroom.
- HAVE a great week meeting with your parents- it is a special week for them. For some, it is the first time they are hearing how their children are doing this year. Thank you for starting every conference with a positive note about their children and all you have prepared to share during the conferences.