For the Week of November 12-16
- Lapeer Community Schools is a dynamic community organization embracing our students with a quality learning environment, developing independent and confident learners for the future.
We think that each one of us is strong individually but we are even stronger when we work together.
Making our school safe (including the parking lot) is...
...being Turrill Tough!!
Parent Drop off and PickUp Reminders
- Please remain in your car and have your children enter/exit on the side nearest the sidewalk.
- Have your children unbuckle and prepare for exiting your car as you pull forward to the drop off
- Please pull forward as far as you can
- Merge to the pass through lane after dropping off or picking up your children
- If you have to exit your vehicle please use a parking space
Excellence in all we do for our students, our schools and our community through
- Continuous improvement;
- Diligent effort; and
- Innovative design
Office Hours during the School Year:8:15 am -- Office opens
8:35 am -- Student supervision outside of school begins (please do not leave your child unsupervised)
8:40 am -- Building opens; Students enter the building (breakfast available in the classrooms)
8:44 am -- School day begins
3:40 pm -- End of the school day
4:15 pm -- Office closes
What's Up this Week?
Monday, November 12 -
- Education not only teaches our children facts but also teaches them how to think and learn on their own.
Tuesday, November 13 -
- “Kids don’t remember what you try to teach them. They remember what you are.”
– Jim Henson
Wednesday, November 14 -
- TAG from 7:50-8:35
- Turrill's Home Team Advantage Dinner Night at Buffalo Wild Wings
- Parent Information Night at 6:00
Thursday, November 15 -
- Good News Club after school
- End of Season Turrill Football Team banquet after school
Friday, November 16 -
- SERVPRO Box Delivery to classrooms
- November Young Scholar pictures
NO SCHOOL NOVEMBER 19-23 FOR THANKSGIVING BREAK
Join us for...Turrill's Home Team Advantage Dinner Night at Buffalo Wild Wings
Wednesday, Nov. 14th, 4:30pm
700 South Main Street
Download your Teammate Card below
Turrill Parent Information Night
Wednesday, Nov. 14th, 6-7pm
785 South Elm Street
- Parent Survey Results
Turrill and Servpro Donation Drive
Monday, Nov. 26th, 9am to Friday, Dec. 7th, 9am
785 South Elm Street
Turrill Elementary and SERVPRO of Lapeer are teaming up to collect new or gently used garments for winter weather. A collection box will be located at each classroom.
All donations will be picked up on Dec 10 at 9:00
Pizza party for winning classroom on Dec 14th at a time to be determined
Just for Fun
The District started holding strategic planning focus panels late last month. During those engagements, a proposal was presented to right-size the District as a first step in the strategic planning process. There will be a lot more information coming out in the next several weeks, and many opportunities for students, staff and the entire community to get involved in the process.
We are currently planning for our next round of engagements, a pair of focus groups comprised of 80-100 people per session. We will have more information on those in the near future. If you would like to be a part of one of the focus groups, please e-mail Mary Moss at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please visit the District Website and click on the strategic planning link on the main page.
Upcoming Parent Involvement Opportunities
- Tuesday, November 6th - Stewards of Children Training at the Child Advocacy Center from 5:00-7:00
- Wednesday, November 14th Parent Information Night - SIP and SIP Process, MTSS and MTSS Process
- Friday, November 30th - Young Scholar Assembly
- Wednesday, December 5th Coffee with the Principal
- Thursday, December 13th Christmas Family Fun Night