Welcome to My Class!!
Mrs. Hall's Online Welcome Letter to Parents and Students
Welcome Students and Parents!
VERY IMPORTANT PLEASE READ: Student Orientation Course
The student’s first task is to complete the Student Orientation Course. It is important to complete topics in order and complete all items on the checklist.
The following items are required for the completion of the Student Orientation Course (SOC):
- students complete all sign off
- students complete all agreement quizzes
- students make a 100% on the final Student Orientation Quiz.
- Students may choose to opt out of the Student Orientation Course; however, students who elect to opt out of the Student Orientation Course are still responsible for all content presented in the course.
Students must finish or opt out of the SOC before gaining access to the course. Following successful completion of the SOC, the date on which students will gain access to the course is dependent upon which schedule was selected at the time of registration.
Please visit the link below to watch a short video on how to complete student orientation course.
Summer 2015 Start Dates
All Work is Due Daily!!
Regardless of the start date, the course ends July 10, 2015. Student work is due daily at midnight. Check course schedules for due dates of specific assignments. Work turned in after the deadline on the course schedule will be accepted within 2 school days with a late penalty assessed. Late penalty begins on the first school day following the day that the assignment was due and is deducted at a rate of 25% of the assignment value per school day.
The Parent Account gives you information about your child’s grades and progress in their course. If your child’s grade drops below a 75, you will receive an automated phone call. If your child’s grade drops below a 70, you will receive a phone call from me.
If you already have a parent account please do NOT create a new one.
1) Please check to see that your parent account is linked to your student’s account.
2) For more information click Help on the Log in page or click the following link. http://helpdesk.gavirtuallearning.org/support/index.php?/Knowledgebase/List/Index/14/gavs-parent-info
If you are uncertain about whether you have a parent account or not,
1) Log in to GAVS at www.gavirtualschool.org and at the Log In page type in your username and password.
2) For more information click Help at the top of the Log In page or click the following link. http://helpdesk.gavirtuallearning.org/support/index.php?/Knowledgebase/List/Index/14/gavs-parent-info
*Information for parents who have NEVER created a parent account.
1) Login to our website www.gavirtualschool.org
2) Click the “Log In To GAVS” icon
3) Click “Create An Account” from the navigation bar.
4) You will need to know your child’s GTID and date of birth.
5) Please follow the directions on the screen.
6) Be sure you have linked your parent account to your student’s account.
7) For more information simply click HELP at the top of the Log In page or click the following link. http://helpdesk.gavirtuallearning.org/support/index.php?/Knowledgebase/List/Index/14/gavs-parent-info
Georgia Virtual School will have D2L Help Sessions for students and parents on Adobe Connect on the following dates:
Thursday, June 4 at 11AM
Tuesday, June 9 at 7PM
Thursday, June 11 at 11AM
You will join by entering the meeting as a Guest. Your username is your first and last name. Here is the link to join each D2L Session:
The space for each session is limited. We ask everyone to join the session using only ONE computer at your home. If the session is full, the recording will be posted within the learning management system and you will have an opportunity to review the recording OR attend another upcoming meeting. The school-wide D2L meetings are separate from individual Welcome sessions held by each teacher. Please plan to attend the meeting with your teacher as well. Your teacher will notify you about the date of that meeting.
*Please note by emailing me your attendance certificate to one of these sessions you may earn 1 extra credit point to your first discussion grade.
Please check both your GaVS Email and NEWS items daily!!
GaVS has switched to Office 365. Each of you have an assigned GaVS email account. This email should be used for all course correspondences this semester.You should check your email DAILY.
Weekly Office Hours:
I will conduct synchronous office hours for students twice per week on:
Mondays and Thursdays at 2 p.m.
There will be a Welcome Session for 6 Week Students on Monday June 1st at 2 p.m.
The Welcome Session for 5 Week Students will be on Monday June 15 at 2 p.m.
*5 Week Students are welcome to attend the 6 week welcome session.