The Harllee Highlights
Harllee ECC Family Newsletter--- Week 1 8.19.22
August 19, 2022
Greetings Harllee Families!
We had a SUPER First Week of School! Thank you for your patience and support as we fine tuned our systems. We ask that all Harllee Families watch the Arrival and Dismissal video below so that you are familiar with our campus wide procedures. As we approach Week 2, please make sure that you have joined your child's teacher Remind group to receive communication as well as our campus wide Remind. Please see below for information on how to join the Remind. Communication is important to us at Harllee ECC and we want all familie to have up to date information.
We are excited to partner with you all this year, please join our campus PTA at joinpta.org! Our PTA does amazing things for our campus including students and staff and is always in need of additional outstanding members to join and support.
Lastly, we are still enrolling for Pre-K 3 and Pre-K4. Please share information about Harllee ECC with anyone that may be looking for a school for the upcoming year.
Have a great weekend!
Your partner in your child's education,
Mensaje de la directora
Agosto 19, 2022
Buenas tardes familias de Harllee,
¡Tuvimos una SÚPER Primera Semana de Escuela! Gracias por su paciencia y apoyo mientras afinamos nuestros sistemas. Pedimos que todas las familias de Harllee vean el video de llegada y despido a continuación para que esté familiarizado con nuestros procedimientos en todo el campus. A medida que nos acercamos a la Semana 2, asegúrese de haberse unido al grupo “Remind” del maestro de su hijo para recibir comunicación, así como a nuestro “remind” en todo el campus. Consulte a continuación para obtener información sobre cómo unirse al “Remind”. La comunicación es importante para nosotros en Harllee ECC y queremos que todas las familias tengan información actualizada.
Estamos entusiasmados de asociarnos con todos ustedes este año, ¡únase con nuestra PTA del campus en joinpta.org! Nuestra PTA hace cosas increíbles para nuestro campus, incluidos los estudiantes y el personal, y siempre necesita miembros sobresalientes adicionales para unirse y apoyar.
Por último, todavía nos estamos inscribiendo para Pre-K 3 y Pre-K4. Por favor, comparta información sobre Harllee ECC con cualquier persona que pueda estar buscando una escuela para el próximo año.
Su socio en la educación de su hijo,
Join your Super Hawk's Teacher's Remind Group!
Pre-K 3Ramirez- https://www.remind.com/join/ramirezdl
Pre-K 3Ford/Hansen AM: https://www.remind.com/join/b6828h
Pre-K 3Ford/Hansen PM: https://www.remind.com/join/8eh63h
Pre-K 4 Ruiz: https://www.remind.com/join/prek4mrsr
1st Smith/Pizzurro: https://www.remind.com/join/3ccca73
2nd Smith/Pizzurro: https://www.remind.com/join/b922kk6d
1st Martin/Soltero 1A: https://www.remind.com/join/6abca6a
2nd Martin/Soltero 2A: https://www.remind.com/join/esoltero
Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
ARRIVAL AND DISMISSAL REMINDERS
Register for Voly
SHAKE DALLAS 2022
Every Hawk Every Day! Good Attendance Starts Now!
Did you know?
- Starting in preschool and kindergarten, too many absences can cause children to fall behind in school.
- Missing 10%, or about 2 days each month over the course of a school year, can make it harder to learn to read.
- Students can still fall behind if they miss just 1 or 2 days every few weeks. • Being late to school may lead to poor attendance
- Absences and tardiness can affect the whole classroom if the teacher has to slow down learning to help children catch up.
The Texas State Compulsory Attendance Law requires students ages 6 through 19 to attend school. Section 25.085 requires students to go to school each school day for the entire school day unless exempted by law. This requirement includes students who have voluntarily enrolled in prekindergarten or kindergarten and students who are nineteen years old or older.
Students who violate this law may get referral(s) for court proceedings against the parent, guardian or student to enforce the law.
Violation of the law occurs when students get unexcused absences for 10 or more days or parts of days within a six-month period.
Students are required to attend school from the time the school day begins until the time the school day ends. A partial day absence occurs when a student is not present for part of the school day.
A student who arrives late or leaves early will get a partial absence.
The school will decide whether the partial absence is excused or unexcused using the same standards for determining the status of full-day absences.
2022-2023 Dress Code
Uniforms and Dress Code Reminders
- Monday- Thursday: Tops: Black, White, Gray Pants: Black or Khaki (Shirts should have N.W. Harllee logo)
- Friday- Harllee Spirit Shirt, College Shirt or Harllee House Shirt with Jeans OR Harllee Uniform
- If you would like to purchase iron on patches, click HERE.
*If you are in need of uniform assistance, please reach out to our counselor Braelyn Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org*
School Supply List 2022-2023
PTA Corner: Summer PTA Updates
- Join PTA today for the 22-23 school year at joinpta.org! All students who join PTA by August 31 get a free dress day on Thursday, September 1st.
It is time to start thinking about buying those patches for the 2022-2023 school year! Click on the link to order your patches today!
1 patch is $5.00
3 patches for $10.00
5 patches for $14.00
Need Rent Assistance???
Applications are open now at www.dallasrentrelief.com and close on Dec. 31, 2023, or until funding runs out.
The website outlines the requirements. To qualify for the latest assistance, residents must:
- Live in the city of Dallas
- Demonstrate they have been adversely affected during the COVID-19 pandemic, either through job loss or lost income
- Have a household annual income at or below 80% of the area median income
- Be at risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability (received eviction notice, have past-due rent, or are living in an unstable housing situation)
- Be a citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Be renting (cannot be the owner of a property)
A person is not eligible for this program if he/she:
- Lives outside the city of Dallas
- Makes above 80% of the area median income
- Is a city employee and/or is an immediate family member of a city employee
- Is a DHA employee and/or is an immediate family member of a DHA employee
- Lives in a household where the residents are living in units owned by an immediate family member
Applicants will need to provide essential documents, including Social Security card, government-issued ID and their lease information. They also must show proof of income, which could be a bank statement or paystub, and proof of job or income loss, which can be a termination letter or notice from an employer.