Windsor Forest High School Class of 2022
DATE, TIME, & LOCATION
May 24, 2022
UPDATE: Please be on the lookout for an official parent graduation letter sent by SCCPSS. It will include pertinent information.
- Final graduation practice will begin at 7:00 a.m. at the EnMarket Arena on May 24, 2022. Doors will open for guests at 8:00 a.m., so please be on time for practice.
- Keep in mind that practice BEGINS at 7:00 a.m. We will only have 1 hour to practice before doors are open for guests
- Once the processional starts, no one else will be allowed to enter - you will NOT be allowed to break the line
- Please arrive already dressed
- Because you are already dressed upon arrival, please do not arrive with large bags/pocketbooks/etc. Space is limited
- You will be screened upon entry
- Masks for graduates OR for guests are NOT required unless local mandates are issued before May 24, 2022; If mandates are issued during this time, we will abide by CDC/local regulations
- No COVID screening
- All guests will be screened - metal detectors
ONLY clear bags will be allowed - no exceptions
- Parking garage A is reserved for faculty, staff, student drivers, and district personnel
- In order for student drivers to enter parking garage A, they must show their cap and gown; otherwise, they will be directed to park elsewhere
- Parents will be allowed to drop off their graduates; parking attendants will direct you to the drop-off location on Stiles Avenue
- Only parents with graduates who require wheelchair access, should enter garage A for drop off; parents will then need to park with all other guests
- No parents will be allowed to park in garage A
- Parking for guests will be on a first come basis; there are no parking passes
TRIP TO THE ENMARKET ARENA FOR ALL SENIORS
Seniors will tour/walkthrough the arena
Monday - May 16, 2022
- Practice will begin at 8:00 a.m. at Windsor Forest High school (new gym)
- Seniors will load the bus at 10:30 a.m. to travel to the Enmarket Arena
- You will NOT be able to drive to the arena
- Parents are NOT allowed to attend
- You will receive a tour for parking, lining up, stage set up, holding area, etc.
**IMPORTANT: THIS IS A GREAT TIME TO BRING YOUR HEELS (FOR THOSE CHOOSING TO WEAR THEM) AND TEST THEM OUT ON THE FLOOR. You will be able to see how far you will have to walk in them**
VOTE FOR THE CLASS OF 2022 INSPIRATIONAL TEACHER
Participation in the graduation ceremony
- If you are NOT participating in the graduation ceremony on May 24, 2022 - Please contact Dr. Byno at the information listed at the bottom of the page ASAP.
- If you ARE participating, there is NO need to contact me.
Senior week activities - UPDATE: FREE FOR ALL GRADUATES!!!
SENIORS: Now that senior week is free, if you paid for senior week, you WILL be given a refund. Please see Mrs. Stanley for information on how to receive your refund.
Again, senior week IS FREE for ALL GRADUATES: However, if you want to purchase a senior t-shirt, the price is $20.
UPDATE: Money for t-shirts will be due on Friday - May 6, 2022. Place your order below:
1) Click here to request shirt-size https://tinyurl.com/T-SHIRT22 (Size 3XL is available for $23)
2) Click here to pay https://sccpss.schoolcashonline.com/ (NOTE: If you are an early graduate, you are not in the system and will NOT be able to pay for your t-shirt online. You must bring in cash or check to Mrs. Stanley or Ms. Thomas)
Senior week activities will take place during the week of May 16 - May 20, 2022. Please see details below:
Monday - May 16: Graduation practice in the new gym at 8:00 a.m. UPDATE: Trip to the Enmarket Arena for ALL SENIORS!!! Senior t-shirts will be issued after practice
Wednesday - May 18: Graduation practice in the new gym at 8:00 a.m. "Glow party" and senior cookout immediately after practice.
**CTAE cords, for all those qualified, will be issued after practice**
Thursday - May 19: Graduation practice in the new gym at 8:00 a.m. Immediately following practice, the yearbook presentation will take place in the gym.
Please contact Mrs. Tabitha Stanley (Senior week coordinator) if you have questions/concerns regarding senior week activities.
- May 11, 2022 at 6:00 p.m. in the new gym
- Practice will be held on May 11th during 4th block for those who have received invitations
- Graduation Cords/Stoles will be presented during this time
College scholarships(academic and athletic)/acceptances
- If you have received an academic scholarship, please bring PROOF of award to your assignment counselor by next week Wednesday May 4th to receive a cord.
- Bring PROOF of college/military/apprenticeship acceptances to your assignment counselor by next week Wednesday May 4th
- CHECK your PowerSchool information to make certain we have your CURRENT mailing address, email address, and phone number.
Join Senior REMIND
- To receive important updates and reminders
- Last Names A-K Text @armor-22a to the number 81010
- Last Names L-Z Text @armor-22b to the number 81010
Last day of school - Seniors
- May 13, 2022 - Friday
Graduation Practices - UPDATE Monday 5/16, Wednesday 5/18 & Thursday 5/19
- Practices will be held during the week of May 16 - May 20, 2022 - beginning at 8:00 a.m.
- Practices will be held on Monday (May 16), Wednesday (May 18), and Thursday (May 19); practices are approximately 2 hours
- If you are currently employed, please inform your manager/supervisor that practices are MANDATORY. Your work schedule will need to be adjusted to accommodate practices if applicable.
- Please do NOT schedule appointments during the designated practice days; if there are extenuating circumstances, please contact me immediately for guidance
- Dress code: Please still adhere to dress code (for dress down days) during practices
- No halter tops, revealing tops/pants, extremely short shorts, strapless tops/dresses, etc. You will NOT be allowed to practice if you are out of dress code.
UPDATE: FINES CAN BE PAID TO MS. THOMAS IN ROOM F4 - Please contact her directly with any questions about senior fines at firstname.lastname@example.org OR see Dr. Byno in room D4
MEDIA CENTER FINES CAN ONLY BE PAID IN THE MEDIA CENTER
- It is IMPERATIVE for all seniors to be cleared (grades completed, fines paid, uniforms for extracurricular activities submitted, etc.) by Friday - May 13, 2022 in order to participate during graduation practices.
- IF you have NOT been cleared by Friday, you WILL NOT be able to participate in graduation practices.
Seniors will have until May 14 to turn in their Chromebook to us in the media center/library. The charger MUST be included.
- SENIORS can come before school, between passing periods, lunch, after school, or throughout the day with a pass to have their records cleared. If students don’t have insurance, a missing charger is $30, a broken keyboard is $90, a broken screen is $90, and a lost Chromebook can cost upwards of $150 depending on the model.
Please contact Ms. Emily Dahl if you have any questions, comments, or concerns pertaining to Chromebooks.
**NOTE: You are still considered a current student of WFHS during this time and expected to abide by the school's rules, policies, and procedures when it comes to behavior. Any disruptive behavior may result in you not being able to participate in the graduation ceremony on May 24, 2022.
**Please keep in mind that this is a formal event and appropriate attire will be required to participate**
**ATTIRE FOR ALL GRADUATES IS GENDER NEUTRAL**
- All black dresses, all white dresses, black skirts, black slacks, white or black collared buttoned down short or long sleeved shirts; black bow and/or neck ties
- Dresses/skirts should be no shorter than 3 inches above the knees
- IF YOU ARE WEARING SLACKS (males and/or females), they should be BLACK
- Spaghetti straps, low-cut blouses/dresses, t-shirts, bandage dresses/skirts, or any articles of clothing displaying the midriff
- Strapless dresses/tube tops
- Backless tops/dresses
- Dresses that are longer than the gown (i.e., long maxi dresses)
- For your comfort and safety, we are encouraging students to wear flat, black, dress shoes. There is NO carpet on the concrete floor. The only carpet available will be the runner. You will NOT be allowed to change into slides, flip flops, house shoes (etc.) during the ceremony, to walk across the stage, etc., because you are unable to walk in heels. Once the ceremony begins, you are to be fully dressed and remain that way until it concludes.
- NOTE: IF students insist on wearing heels, it is recommended that heels be no higher than 2.5 inches. Again, this is only a recommendation.
- Stockings are NOT required
- All shoes must be ALL BLACK and either peep toe or closed flats, peep toe or closed heels, peep toe or closed wedges, dress shoes
- ALL shoes must have backs
- Sandals (flats or heels)
- Tennis shoes
- Flip flops
- If your hair is colored/dyed, it should be a neutral/natural color (NO EXTREME COLORS will be permitted)
- Hair should be able to fit appropriately under the cap
- Cap and gowns can still be purchased through Herff Jones at: www.hjgraduates.com. You must create an account first. Contact info: 912.764.9314 or email@example.com for additional assistance
- If you ordered your cap and gown package before April 12, and was NOT on campus when they were issued during all lunches, your package is in the front office
- If you ordered your cap and gown package AFTER April 12, they will be mailed to the address you used to register
- CAPS cannot be decorated.
- Only official cords/regalia received from the school will be allowed to accompany your gown (i.e., end of pathway cords)
- Only official stoles may be worn. No stoles with pictures, decorations, names, etc. will be allowed
- NO CORDS/STOLES can be worn during the graduation ceremony WITHOUT approval
- Cellphones will NOT be permitted on the floor; so please leave them in your car or with your guests
- Otherwise, a senior advisor or other faculty member will be collecting your cellphone before the processional. There will be faculty members in the back to watch your belongings like cellphones, keys, etc. and you can collect them after the ceremony.
- NO SHADES will be permitted on the floor
Graduation Tickets - All tickets are FREE
- 10 tickets per graduate
- EVERY guest must have a ticket – including infants/toddlers
- Electronic tickets will be issued by Ticket Master or a similar vendor
- NOTE: Once you transfer a ticket(s), you will be unable to retrieve it (i.e., a graduate transfers an extra ticket to another graduate because she did not think she needed all of her tickets, but she actually needed it. She cannot then go back and retrieve it from the other graduate)
- Students will begin receiving electronic tickets during the week of May 16 - May 20, 2022
- ALL tickets will be emailed to your SCCPSS accounts; Students please check your accounts
- Early/December graduates, your SCCPSS accounts will be reactivated during this time, so please begin checking your account once tickets are disbursed