Important - For TVUSD Families
Thursday, July 23, 2020
Long-Term Learning Model Confirmation and Device Requests
As shared in our communication sent Wednesday, July 22, 2020, and outlined in TVUSD's Launch to Learn Plan, TVUSD schools will begin the school year 100% online. Our ultimate goal is to return students, safely, to 100% on-campus, as soon as we can, depending on state and public health guidance and mandates. In preparation, we have developed a phase-in plan that will allow students to transition first to a Cohort model and then on-campus.
in order to plan for the continuum of learning for our students, we need to ask families to confirm model preferences for your child for the 2020/21 school year. Having this information pre-selected by families at the start of the school year will assist school sites in developing master schedules and staffing plans for the school year.
We also know that students may need technology devices to support online learning. We have provided the information below to assist you.
Below is TVUSD's Launch to Learn Plan with helpful information to assist you in reviewing the models and planned on-campus safety protocols.
Please Note: The Spanish version of the Launch to Learn Plan will be added as soon as the translation is completed.
Please Review the Three Items Below and Then Proceed to Your Infinite Campus Parent Portal
All TVUSD families need to complete the Annual Registration Process by July 29, 2020, even if you already completed this earlier in the year. It should only take you 3 to 4 minutes to complete the entire process if all of your information is already listed correctly. This is a good opportunity to make sure your contact information is up-to-date so you don't miss important updates and contacts from the District and your child's school.
Below is a screen-shot of the screen and the fields you will need to COMPLETE. You will move through all of the green tabs at the top, completing each area, and then in the student tab, you will confirm your learning model preference and request a device. You cannot skip and just complete this step. You will have to complete all steps before and after as part of the Annual Registration Process.
1. Learning Models - Due By July 29, 2020
In the portal, families will need to make the following selection.
Confirmation Model Options:
- If you wish for your child to remain in the Online Learning Model
- If you wish for your child to plan to transition to the Cohort and then to the Original full-time, on-campus Learning Model when we begin to move students through the phase-in process.
Students who do not have a completed model confirmation on file by the deadline date will be enrolled in the Phase-In Cohort/On-Campus model.
Request for Changes
As with the traditional school year operations, families have the opportunity to consult with site administrators to discuss learning environment modifications during the school year that may be necessary for a student’s academic and or/social-emotional/health needs. Ultimately, the learning models offered during the 2020/21 school year will be subject to state or public health mandates or guidelines in place at the time of the request.
What Will TVUSD Online Learning Look Like?
We know that there are questions regarding what the online model will look like. TVUSD staff provided an update at the July 21 board meeting. If you would like to review the video portion of the meeting where online learning is discussed, please click the following link. The online learning presentation is from 4:32:47 to 4:49:26 https://youtu.be/O7dptG7yqSs?t=16367
2. Technology Device Request
In the portal, families will need to request a device.
TVUSD recognizes that students may need technology devices to support their online learning.
If your child currently has a digital device, such as a desktop computer, laptop, Chromebook, IPad, Galaxy tablet, and other Android-based devices that can connect to Chrome in your home available for your child’s use, you do not need to request a device.
When school offices open virtually beginning August 3, they will coordinate their own site device pickup processes and communicate with families directly based on the device requests received.
3. Go to Your Infinite Campus Parent Portal
Step-By-Step Instructions to COMPLETE YOUR ANNUAL REGISTRATION THAT INCLUDES MODEL CONFIRMATION AND DEVICE REQUEST TABS.
Reminders BEFORE YOU BEGIN.
- All families need to complete this process, even if you already previously completed it.
- If you already previously completed the annual registration process, you do not need to upload any of the requested documents, as they are already in the system.
- If you are a returning TVUSD family and this is your first time completing the annual registration for the 2020/21 school year, you will need to be prepared to upload proof of residency documents and immunization records for incoming 7th graders.
- If you are a new TVUSD family or a current family who has added a new student AND has already completed your enrollment process and received a confirmation email, you do not need to upload any additional documents.
- Go to Your Infinite Campus Parent Portal if saved or you can - Click Here
- Log in to your portal
- On the left side, click MORE button
- Click on Required Family-Annual Update
- Click on Registration Bar
- Click on Begin Registration if all students are listed correctly (if not, please follow the directions provided)
- You will then go through all of the tabs listed and review/update the information for your family and students
- Please select the submit button after you have completed the process. All information is then posted. If there are any issues with documentation, appropriate staff will follow up with individual families.
If you have any issues, receive any error messages, or need your password reset, please submit a help ticket by clicking on the button below and a staff member will respond to assist within 1 to 2 business days.