Updates from Washington Elementary - September 20
Mr. Russell, Principal - 414.773.1805
Mrs. Schram, Administrative Assistant - 414.773.1805
Mrs. Hill-Gordon - Educational Assistant - 414.773.1806
Attendance Line - 414.773.1802
Reminder! Update Demographic and Emergency Contact Information in Infinite Campus
When the school district switched over to Infinite Campus(IC) this summer all emergency contact information was lost. If you have not done so already, please go into your IC account parent portal ASAP and check your families demographic information (phone/address/email address change, etc) and enter in emergency contact information.
If you have not created an account for Infinite Campus yet and do not think you received an email, please check your spam folder. You should have received an activation code from the district.
- To set up your account click here: https://bit.ly/2YBEZSH
- Once your account is set up, here is a link on how you can check and update contact information: https://bit.ly/2K9c404
- If you have problems creating your account or cannot find the email with your activation code, please contact the district here: firstname.lastname@example.org
- This is the parent portal link: https://wauwatosawi.infinitecampus.org/campus/portal/wauwatosa.jsp
All students in grades SK-5 will take the Measure of Academic Progress (MAP) test in math next week. We administer MAP to determine instructional level and to measure
academic growth throughout the school year and also year to year in the areas of Reading and Math.
MAP tests are unique in that they are taken on a computer and can adapt to the child’s learning level. As a result, each student has the same opportunity to succeed and maintain a positive attitude toward testing. These tests are aligned to the Wisconsin State Standards and provide valuable instructional information to assist teachers with your child’s learning in the classroom.
For more information about MAP, please contact your child's teacher or can click HERE and learn more about it.
We are one week away from our first PTA event, GAME NIGHT! ****Registration Extended through Wednesday, September 25th!**** You can register online- https://squareup.com/store/washington-elementary-pta-4 or click here for the registration flyer. To make the event run smooth please consider volunteering for a time slot -
We hope to see you there!
Take time to visit the follow links to join the PTA and get involved. We are looking for people to help with all the Washington Events.
Give the gift of volunteering and help keep the tradition of our events going....
Volunteer Link- https://forms.gle/c9mJMLK7hXj8gFUy6
Purchase Spirit Wear- https://squareup.com/store/washington-elementary-pta-4
Washington Act of Kindness: We would like to help some families in need by providing gift cards for local restaurants or grocery stores. Please send gift cards to school in envelope labeled Act of Kindness.
Click here for the 2019-20 Washington Events Calendar
Also for your reference, the 2019-20 Wauwatosa School District calendar is available here.
Stay in the loop! Join the Washington Facebook Group
- Post school-related questions and pictures
- Receive helpful links to school info
- Connect names with faces
Please take note:
- 67th Street is ONE way SOUTHBOUND during drop-off and pick-up. Between 7:00-8:30am and 2:00-3:30pm traffic is only allowed to move southbound.
- Thank you ahead of time for being considerate to our neighbors on 67th and all around our building by NOT blocking driveways nor turning around in driveways. 67th street is extremely busy in the morning and at dismissal so your continued efforts at being patient and follow the posted rules help keep everyone safe.
- There is a handicap parking sign posted on the north end of the cutout on 67th Street. Cars, buses and daycare vans should avoid this area at all times. Thank you for your cooperation.
- 68th street - please follow posted rules. There are only a few 15min spots, otherwise there is NO parking on 68th street.
Please review the link, Safe Routes to School: School Map, for some important reminders to help improve the safety of students and others around Washington School.
Thanks for your cooperation!
Right At School Before/After School Program, JK Wrap Around Care
Registration is open for JK wrap-around program and before and after-school care offered at each Wauwatosa School District elementary school through our provider, Right At School.
How to register for the Right At School programs:
- Head to www.rightatschool.org
- Click on “Find a Program” at the top of the page
- Enter your zip code
- Register at the school your child attends
- Select the program(s) of your choice (JK Wrap, Early Adventures – before-school care, or The Right Club – after-school care)
Additionally, here is a list of helpful parent FAQs regarding the Right At School programs.
If you have any additional questions or if you need help while registering for the Right At School programs, please contact the number for Right At School that is listed on each of the flyers.
When: Mon. afternoons, Tues. afternoons or Wed. mornings
What: Help Mrs. Pankratz check in and shelve books while she recovers from surgery
Why: Help the school community
Who: Please email Mrs. Pankratz if you can help:
email@example.com or call: 773-1878