The General's Update
Your guide to DDE events & announcements: 9/8/2019
Looking forward to a great year! #ddeempower
Thank you to our amazing PTO and parents for welcoming us back with a delicious lunch!
There’s inspiration everywhere you turn! Our teachers can’t wait to empower you to be your best self in 2019-20! #ddeempower
Feeling empowered by the students! Persevering on the design challenge! #ddeempower
These seventh graders talk about what it means to empower each other. #ddeempower
Our newest Generals hard at work at learning to open their lockers!
Fall Sports Forms Due Tomorrow!
- Consent for Athletic Participation (Green Form): http://bit.ly/2m12vH8
- Opioid Use and Misuse (Yellow Form): http://bit.ly/2kvDm70
- Sports-Related Concussion and Head Injury (Pink Form): http://bit.ly/2lFYHdX
- Sudden Cardiac Death in Young Athletes (Gold Form): http://bit.ly/2lGdTaY
In addition to these forms, you must confirm the nurse has all of the required sports physical forms. Students will not be permitted to participate in the Fall Sports Season without a current physical on file in the nurse's office. Check Genesis by following these instructions: http://bit.ly/2XeA5Ha
Bagel Sales Begin Tomorrow!
Parents/Guardians: Volunteers are needed to help with bagel sales! If you have some time in the morning and would like to help out, please email firstname.lastname@example.org - Thank you!
Morning Drop Off
- Morning drop off begins at 7:00am at the 6th grade wing entrance. Students should wait with their parents until 7:00am. There is no supervision in the building prior to that time; therefore, students will not be permitted in the building until 7:00am.
- Due to the high volume of cars dropping off in the morning, parents are encouraged to drop their child off prior to 7:30am.
- Please note our one-way traffic pattern diagram. See attached map: http://bit.ly/2Pk1dFr
- Drop off is curbside only at the 6th grade wing entrance.
- Please maintain a speed of no more than 5 miles per hour when traveling in the parking lot, to ensure the safety of staff and students.
- Please also maintain a single line of traffic; please do not pass other vehicles as students and staff members may be walking through the parking lot.
- Please join us for the first PTO Meeting of the 2019-2020 School Year on Monday, September 16th at 6:30pm in the STEAM Center for an opportunity to meet our new PTO Executive Board and hear about some of the things we are planning. We welcome all ideas and are always looking for volunteers!
- School Spirit Wear sales will run until September 20th. Please fill out the School Spirit Wear form (http://bit.ly/2kx4VwK) and send it to the main office with cash or check made out to DDE PTO. Please put it in an envelope and label it with the following: DDE PTO School Spirit Wear. Please also include your child's name and homeroom on the outside of the envelope.
- Questions? Want to get involved? Please email email@example.com
Mark Your Calendar
- Monday, September 9, 2019: Optional Locker Set Up (see above)
- Tuesday, September 10, 2019 @ 7:00pm: Board of Education Meeting, 384 West Main Street, Freehold
- Thursday, September 12, 2019 @ 6:30pm: Back To School Night
- Monday, September 16, 2019 @ 6:30pm: PTO Meeting in the STEAM Center
- Tuesday, September 24, 2019@ 8:00pm: Board of Education Meeting, West Freehold School