APRES January 2021 Newsletter
Happy New Year!
A Message from Principal Wilson
Welcome to 2021 and the beginning of Spring Semester! I hope each of you enjoyed the Winter Holidays and had a Safe and Happy New Year!
First semester truly put us to the test, as we embarked on many unknowns and navigated unfamiliar territory. We will begin this semester in full remote learning for all students on January 6th-8th, and our face-to-face scholars will return to the building on Monday, January 11th. Based on the most current data from the district's commitment survey results, we are expecting over 45% of our scholars to return to face-to face instruction while a little over 50% of our scholars will remain in remote learning for the first 9-weeks of the semester. If you did not complete the survey, your scholar will remain in the same instructional model he/she ended with in December.
There will be NO changes made to instructional setting during the first 9-weeks of 2nd semester.
It is my sincere hope that all scholars were able to complete incomplete assignments and recover all grades below 79% by last semester's deadline. Please contact your scholar's teachers directly if you have any questions or concerns about his/her performance last semester. Final grade reports can be viewed by accessing the Infinite Campus (IC) parent portal after January 15, 2021.
While we expected everyone to have a great time with family during the holidays, our hope is that each of you continued to wear your masks and practice social distancing. It is important to maintain these protective measures in order to stay safe and keep others safe as well. Pay special attention to the district website (www.fultonschools.org) regarding COVID-19 information, protocols for reporting, and any changes that may impact schools.
Dolphin Parents, thank you for your unwavering commitment to our school and school family. Your continued support of our scholars, staff, and administrative team is truly appreciated. Our staff recognizes the importance of the partnership between parents and the school and we are grateful to be in partnership with you.
Principal Wilson, Proud Dolphin
Important Reminders and Expectations for Scholars Attending Face-to-Face
1. Students MUST wear a face covering/mask upon arrival. No scholar will be allowed to exit his/her vehicle without a face covering.
2. If your child is sick, keep him/her at home and make sure they are fever free for at least 24 hours before return.
3. If anyone in your household has tested positive for COVID-19 and you have been advised to isolate or quarantine, please adhere to the public health guidance and do not send your student to school until after the noted time frame. All exposure to COVID-19 must be reported to the FCS COVID-19 reporting portal.
4. Encourage your student to wash hands frequently.
5. If your child becomes sick while at school, you will be expected to be pick-up your child immediately. Parents/Guardians must pick up any sick scholar within 30 minutes of being notified of the scholar's illness.
6. Please alert school administration of any COVID-19 related concerns.
Fulton County Schools has developed protocols and procedures to respond to COVID-19 related cases and concerns. The district will continue to work in collaboration with our local and state public health officials and follow the appropriate guidance.
Please see important school-based expectations below:
- No visitors are allowed in the building.
- If your child is a car rider, they will need to be dropped off in the car rider area no earlier than 7:10 a.m. Temperatures will be taken prior to exiting the vehicle. You must plan to assist your child with exiting your vehicle.
- Parents will not be allowed to escort children to class.
- If your child is a bus rider please be at the stop 15 minutes ahead of time for drop off and pick up.
- Parents are not allowed to visit with teachers in person. We encourage you to communicate with your child’s teacher via email and phone calls.
- Student Masks
- Refillable water bottles (water fountains are used only for filling)
- Learning supplies-Paper, pencils, headphones etc. (students will not be allowed to share materials)
Infinite Campus Parent Portal
If you have not set up your parent access account in the IC parent portal, you will need to do so in order to access report cards, and to monitor grading and attendance. Be reminded that Semester 1 Report cards will be available after January 15th and you will need the parent portal to access your scholar's report card. Use the link above to be directed to the IC parent portal.
What are you to do if your scholar contracts or is exposed to Covid-19?
Please review the FCS website www.fultonschools.org for information regarding failure to report Covid19 cases in students.
Please do NOT send scholars to school who exhibit any of the following:
- Cold or Flu like symptoms
- Sore Throat
- Nausea or Vomiting
- Exposure to a person who has tested positive
If the school contacts you to pick up a sick child, the child must be picked up within 30 minutes of contact.
Use the link below to report Covid19 exposure or positive cases.
Join the Randolph PTA Today!
What an unprecedented time! More than ever, our PTA is needed to support our scholars and staff. You are invited to join our PTA. Fees are $20 per person ($15 for teachers and staff). The first 10 people to join will receive an A. Philip Randolph drawstring swag bag! There are two simple options to sign-up:
1. Go to Randolph PTA’s Member Hub website to sign up. https://randolphpta.memberhub.com (Preferred method)
2. Send your PTA fees via Cash App to $RandolphPTA01. In the note please be sure to put your First and Last Name and email address.
We are excited to continue advocating for our extraordinary Randolph Dolphins!LaWanda Lee, PTA President
On the Horizon
4 - Teacher Workday (No School for Students/ Building Closed)
5 - Professional Learning Day (No School for Students/ Building Closed)
6 - First Day of Spring Semester (Remote Learning All Students/ Building Closed)
7- Remote Learning All Students (Building Closed)
8- Remote Learning All Students (Building Closed for Students)
11- Face-to-Face Students Return (Simultaneous Learning Begins)
18 - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday (No School)