Parent Newsletter - January 6th, 2020
How to Help Your Child Manage Time and Understand Expectations
Have a great week!
Silver Strand Corner
Welcome Ms. Luca!
Safety Reminder: Crown Preschool Families
Please do not park or leave your vehicle unattended in the yellow curb in front of Crown Preschool! This area is a turn-about that needs to keep moving! Because preschool students must be signed into preschool daily, families need to park in the neighborhood or an actual parking space in front of Crown Hall. Police may motor this area and have given citations.
Thank you for your cooperation!
IMPORTANT: Village Elementary Tour for next year Kinder and TK students
Wednesday, Jan. 8th, 9:30-10:15am
600 6th Street
Tour begins at 9:30am sharp! Please join us for a tour of the designated Kinder Quad, 1st Grade Pod, new Innovation lab, VAPA room, Playground and Cafeteria.
The tour is open to current ECDC families moving to Village in 2020-2021 and prospective families new to Village.
If you're unable to attend the morning tour, please join us at 5:15pm.
Updates For All Families
Coronado Library Visit
Friday, Jan. 17th, 12-1pm
640 Orange Avenue
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Our preschool program hopes each family participates and signs up for an opportunity to bring in LIBRARY books. We strongly encourage families to visit the Coronado or any local library with their child, have them select the books to bring to school, and share these books with their peers for the week. It is not required to participate but if you would like to do so, please send only send in LIBRARY books!
Early Years Article - January
- Crown Preschool and Extended Care charges $1/min for late pick-ups.
- Silver Strand and all State funded families are not charged late fees but will be given an Infraction Letter that tracks the amount of late pick-ups. 5 or more late pick-ups is a reason to lose your State funded spot.
Please Sign Your Child In Everyday
Illness at Preschool
It's the time of year our preschoolers may become sick with a cold and or flu. Please keep your child home when they are contagious with an illness such as fever, vomit, or diarrhea for a period of 24-hours symptom free.
Families can also help reduce the spread of germs by reinforcing at home our preschool hand washing steps. The 6 steps are:
- Get hands wet
- Get soap
- Lather hands for 20 seconds
- Rinse all soap off
- Dry hands
- Turn the faucet off with a paper towel
Check out the poster below to help your kids be a germ-buster too!
- Please label all outer clothing as cool mornings turn into hot days
- On that note, please dress your children appropriately for the hot weather
- Make sure to check backpacks each night for important communication or classroom work
- Let us know if your child will need a lunch 24 hours ahead of time
- Fill out an absence request form every time your child is out.
- Please label everything…backpacks, water bottles, lunch boxes and any containers inside, and clothing.
- Specify if there are separate meals (breakfast, snack, lunch…please label which is which).
- Please have your child wash their hands upon arrival in the classrooms. THANKS!
Miss Zulya, Miss Eileen & Miss Patty
Annual Check-Ups during the school year?
PLEASE NOTE- Preschool requirements are as follows:
- If an exam has been preformed within one year of our preschool start date, anytime between August 22, 2018 and August 22, 2019, you are up to date.
- Current immunization requirements can be found online and any students who have not completed their full series of shots must have a signed doctor's exemption or explanation of delay.
Coronado U.S.D. Preschool Program
Lisa Alonso, MS
Director of Preschool & Child Care Services
Coronado Unified School District
Office Assistant II