The Preschool Press
December 10, 2021
We enjoyed more Christmas preparations in our second week of Advent. The Feast of St. Nicholas was on Monday. He even left treats in our shoes during naptime!
An email regarding enrollment for 2022-2023 was sent to parents yesterday. Please refer to the timeline in the email for important dates to remember. If you have any questions about enrollment, please reach out to the office.
I'm excited to share that our newly designed website is now live. I invite you to take some time in the coming days and weeks to explore all it has to offer. The enhanced user experience and responsive design will allow you to seamlessly navigate our website on any device. Happy browsing!
The Lost and Found will be emptied of items at dismissal on the 17th. Please check it if your child is missing anything.
The Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe is this Sunday. Below are some wonderful resources to explain the story and the image. I encourage you to watch them so you can share this beautiful story with your children.
Websites for Our Lady of Guadalupe:
For younger students: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-u7SFLvz8Q
This is a video that takes you to the Shrine:
This explains the image of Our Lady of Guadalupe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHtnToITkMs
Next Week at a Glance
MHSA Meeting at 8am in Fletcher Hall
Teacher Appreciation Lunch (sponsored by the Owl class)
Frog Field Trip
Christmas Parties-Free Dress
Christmas Parties-Free Dress
22-23 School Calendar
Please note our school calendar for the next school year! More details will follow later, but please see the highlights thus far.
Red Highlight-Day off School
Blue Highlight-Day in school
August 18 First Day of School
September 29-30 Parent-Teacher Conferences
October 13 Diocesan Teacher In-Service
October 14 Fall Break
February 15-16 Parent-Teacher Conferences
February 17 Diocesan Teacher In-ServiceFebruary 20 President’s Day-No School
Volunteering and VIRTUS
What you need to do:
- First, VIRTUS Child & Youth Protection Requirements have three components: 1.) the background check submission 2.) adherence to policies, procedures, and ethical standards, and 3.) the child & youth protection education training. Each component needs to be renewed every five years.
- Registration for First-time Users:
- Visit www.virtusonline.org.
- Select “First-Time Registrant” to create an online VIRTUS account.
- Follow the onscreen step-by-step instructions for completing the process. We require all volunteers to start this process no later than two week before the date of volunteering.
- Update Existing Account:
- Registered volunteers are encouraged to login at the beginning of every school year to ensure that all personal information is correct. Upon login, your account will prompt you to complete any necessary requirements. Automated emails are sent through VIRTUS approximately one week before they expire. Please ensure that the registered email address is correct.
2021-2022 Marquette School Theme
“Joy, with peace, is the sister of charity. Serve the Lord with laughter.”
– SAINT PADRE PIO