Picture Yourself Growing in First Grade
Thank You for Visiting Our Classroom at Open House! We are very proud of our work!
Book Review Book Talk
The writers of 1S have been working hard in our opinion writing unit! We began our unit writing about our collections. Next, we moved on to writing our opinion in the form of review writing! We wrote about our favorite movies, video games, and restaurants. Well, we saved the best for last. We concluded our opinion unit writing about BOOKS! We learned how to write a book review! We learned that strong writers include a sneak peek and a rating of their book in addition to writing their opinion and giving reasons. To celebrate all of our hard work during this unit, we had a publishing party!
This week, celebrated with a Snack and Share publishing party! We sat in pairs with a snack and conversation starters, we shared our book reviews and talked about the books that we LOVE! It was a perfect ending to a GREAT unit!
Shapes, Shapes, and More Shapes!
In Unit 8, we will be reviewing money, place value concepts, and we will take those concepts one step forward. We will expand our work to to include dollars and hundreds. Also, we will introduce fractions and fraction notation!
3, 2, 1 Liftoff!
Reminders and Dates
*1S will be taking a walking trip to HMHS on Wednesday, April 22nd to celebrate Earth Day! Please pack your brown paper bag snack! Please let me know if you are able to join us as a chaperone!
* 4/21 - Dine Out for Tatem!
* 4/23 - Take Your Child to Work Day! Please let Mrs. Marino know if you plan on taking your child to work.
* 4/23 - Techzel $$ Due! Help support Tatem Technology!
* 4/25 - Come and join us at The Tatem Fair! It is a great day full of fun!
* One more week to donate your old pair of shoes! Our student council has teamed up with The Big Fluffy Dog Rescue to save dogs and help them find permanent homes.
*5/1 - First Grade Field Trip to the Aquarium! More information to follow!
* Have you searched the hashtag #Tatemtigerpride on twitter? Give it a try and see all of the amazing things happening at Tatem School daily!
Day 2 - Music
Day 3 - Spanish
Day 4 - Spanish and PE (Please wear sneakers)
Day 5 - Library (please return library books this day)
Day 6 - PE