Raureka School Term 1 Week 3
Newsletter 17 February 2021
Carnival is scheduled for week 5, Wednesday 3 March. This is to enable our Year 6's to raise funds for their camp. School closes at 12:30 p.m. and children go home then and return ready to start the Tabloids sports event at 5:00 p.m. This is followed at 6:00p.m. with the Year 6 fundraising stalls. Everyone is welcome to come to this event. NB YMCA will be open during the afternoon but you will have to book them.
Easter this year is in term time and this means that school will be closed from Good Friday, 2 April and open again on Wednesday 7 April. All Schools are closed on the Tuesday as well.
Please remember that classes start at 8:55 a.m. each day and all children should be at school, unless they are sick, ready to start then. When the children arrive on time they do not miss out on valuable learning time and they feel as though they haven't missed anything.
School Photo's will take place on Wednesday 10th March, starting just after 9:00.
Photo's will cost $10 each and include 1 18x13cm class photo plus 1 18x13 individual portrait. An envelope will be sent home shortly please fill out the envelope, enclose the $10 and send it back to school so it can be ready for the photographer.
Each child will need to have an individual envelope.
The photographer will only take photos of children who have sent back their completed order and have paid
I hope that we get the opportunity to go as this a great learning opportunity for our Year 6's
I wish that we were able to take more children but unfortunately the zoo has said that we can only take the 30 as there isn't enough space for the sleep over.
I know that we will have a lot of disappointed children who won't be selected. I will look into trying to to get another trip next year.
If your child is selected he/she will need to fill out full permission slips and send them back to me along with the $60 fee to attend.
If you change your mind and you decide you can't go let me know straight away as we have a lot of child who would like to take your place.
Our four values are : Respect/Whakaute, Responsibility/Haepapa, Resilience/Pakari, Relationships/Whanaungatanga.
This week we are focussing on - Respect/Whakaute - which means, believe in yourself, value the feelings and rights of others and show regard for the environment.
Expected behaviour for this week: wear the correct uniform.
Our value for Week 3 was ...
The following children received awards:
R1 Zain Hassan, R2 Cooper Corbett, R4 Jaylarni Nielsen-Singh R5 Layla Wire,
R7 Preea Tito, R8 Chace Tollett, R11 Harlen Jensen, R12 Liam Davies, R14 Charlie Elgie,
R15 Spencer Kingon, R19 Thomas Barber, R20 Ella Reece, R21 Dante Pakai-McCormack.
Tohea Taonga Senior Awards
- Junior Swimming Sports - Mon. - March - 1
- Yr 6 Carnival - Wed. - March 3 (School Closes at 12:30 p.m. Children return at 5:00 p.m.
- Int School Swimming Sports - Thurs. - March - 4
- School Photos- Wed. - March - 10
- Yr 4-6 Zoo Trip - Wed./Thurs. - March - 24/25
- Easter- Good Friday - Friday - April - 2 (School Closed)
- Easter Monday - Mon. - April 5 - (School Closed)
- Easter Tuesday - Tues. - April 6 - (School Closed)
- School Marae Trip - Thurs. - April - 9
- Last Day Term 1 - Fri. - April - 16 (School Closes at 2:55)
- First Day Term 2 - Mon. - May - 3 (School Opens at 8:55)
Let's have a peek inside Room 1...
· School Uniform – this is compulsory. No exceptions.
All children are required to have the school royal blue polo-shirt, royal blue hat, and on colder days the royal blue polar fleece jersey. All of these are available at the school office.
The lower half of the uniform (short, longs, skorts, skirts) must be plain black and can be purchased in town No stripes, no flowers etc, can
be purchased in town.
· Do your child’s records need updating?
o moved house?
o phone/cellphone numbers changed?
o living arrangements changed?
o emergency contacts changed?
o medical details?
Supervision for our patrollers.
We again would be grateful for any parent who could spare ½ hr BEFORE SCHOOL ONLY, to assist our patrollers. The children are fully trained; you just need to support/supervise with them as children arrive at school.
Please contact Chris at the office if you can help. If you helped last year and would like to continue, please still contact Chris J. You will need to be Police vetted for this.
We often have a few ‘bugs’ around the school.
· A common one is a nasty cough/flu type illness. Keep your children home if they have symptoms of this as it spreads easily.
· If your child has had vomiting or diarrhoea, they MUST stay home for 2 days after the last event. This illness definitely spreads quickly around the school.
· Headlice are always around so make sure that you check your child’s hair regularly (we suggest weekly) and treat the hair if necessary. We have treatments available from school for free. Just pop in and we can give you some.
· If your child is at all unwell, please keep them home so that they don’t pass bugs on to other children. Also if a child is feeling unwell they are not able to learn easily and are much better off at home snuggled up in bed.
Don’t forget to contact the school office to let us know when your child is unwell please.
Maycenvale United Junior Football Club Registration
Saturday March 6 – Regional Sports Park – 11am to 2.30pm
Come and have a sausage sizzle and a play on the bouncy castle.
Fees have been set at $60 per child if paid on the day.
Any questions contact
Trish 0272132135 email@example.com
Hastings Rugby and Sports Weighin/ Registration evening!
When: Tues 9th March 3.30-5.30pm
Where: Main Clubrooms at Elwood Park
Cost: $50 per player
$80 for two siblings
$100 for 3+
(Please note subs have gone up from last year as they were reduced due to Covid)
Cash and Eftpos available.
Please ensure all players are registered online and note ALL players from 5th grade up to 12th grade need to be weighed in. Follow the link below to register.
Any Questions contact Hannah McGrail 0274134594
Superstar Cricket - Cornwall Park Hub
Afternoon all school coordinators.
HBCA are running a cricket programme specifically for school year 0-4 boys and girls.
We would appreciate if you would be able to share the attached flyer out on school newsletters, apps and through the kids in class where possible.
We are able to drop off hard copies of these flyers if you would like!
This Hub is run at Cornwall Park on Friday
after school, so in the proximity of your school!
Any assistance getting this out to kids and families would be much appreciated.
Community Cricket Manager
Hawke’s Bay Cricket Assn.