VT RockStars Weekly
Incorporating teams within Rockstars. May 6th 2016
Don't Miss The Mega Business Blitz On Wednesday Night!
Have you tried the MOBILE Invites?
More and more hostesses are using social media messaging to invite guests, so until we have our own app, this is what we can do in the meantime:
Follow these six simple steps to share Trunk Show invites and teasers with your Hostess so she can share by mobile. Your Hostess can reach all of her guests with messenger apps such as Whatsapp and Facebook messenger, whilst linking to the Trunk Show.
Guests will RSVP directly to the Invitation tool, you will build your contacts and Hostess can share the style, fun and excitement via their phone!
- Save all mobile invite images on your phone
- Book your Trunk Show on the Lounge
- Share the invites with your Hostess (using the template in the How To Guide)
- Your Hostess invites guests by mobile
- Share Sneak Peeks
- Share a Follow Up to book, sell and sponsor more
The Key thing to remember is to ensure that you use the correct Trunk Show link from the online Trunk Show, so that any commissions and host rewards are properly allocated! to both you and your hostess x
Welcome to Leadership Day at Head Office last week:
A few words about the day from Star Stylist Sarah McCormack
Had a fantastic day yesterday at Head Office. It was so great to actually see everyone who works behind the scenes and get to sit on the Buzz sofa! And to get training and inspiration from Sam Walpole, Veryan Eperon-Roach and Kathleen Gillin Mitchell in such a small group was amazing!
My key takeaways were:
- Keep going back to your WHY. It was a lightbulb moment for me was to understand the difference between my 'What' and my 'Why' as they are very different. I won't go into details here but can explain more if anyone is confused!
- Just think about how many people you meet each day and each month. We worked it out by doing your 2242 and having 4 TSs a month you meet about 80 or more new people. Out of those there MUST be future hostesses and stylists.
- The 2 conversations a day are not necessarily with brand new people- it could be talking to existing customers or hostesses about the stylist opportunity for the first time.
- How to manage your time better. Set aside an hour and stick to it, don't get distracted with other things ( including fb!)
- Share your goals with your husband/ family to get them on board. Maybe set up a tracker that the kids could help colour in.
- We learned a bit more about the products too and how much work actually goes in to make one of our bags by hand!
All in all it was a very inspiring day. X
Head Office Training This Week
This Week's Call Recordings:
The more you read the more you know, the more you learn the more you grow...
- Essentialism by Greg McKeown (focus on the right things!)
- Better Than Before by Gretchen Ruben (Mastering good habits)
- The Flip Flop CEO by Janine Finney and Lory Muirhead (understanding Direct Selling)
- What the Most Successful People do before Breakfast by Laura Vanderkam (secrets of early rising)
- Positive Intelligence by Shirzad Chamine (as used by all S&D staff including Jessica Herrin - it helps you to identify and manage internal saboteurs)
- Eat That Frog by Brian Tracy (excellent time management tips)
- The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin
- Go for No by Richard Fenton (learn to overcome hearing No)
- Energy Bus by Jon Gordon
- Build it Big by DWSA (real stories from top industry leaders)
- 168hours by Laura Vanderkam (in depth life time-management)
- Be a Recruiting Superstar by Mary Christensen (learn to sponsor!)
- Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg
Let me know any suggestions you have too!
Welcome to Stella & Dot!
I am a mum of three school age children, this is my second business in this industry, I joined S&D when we launched in the UK in 2012 when my previous jewellery company closed down, I have been in the biz for about 6 years. When I first started I had babies, toddlers and another job, and to be honest, I joined to get discount on my wishlist! however after my first party, I knew that this was what I wanted to do, so I made a plan with my sponsor and quit my job within 6 months and have never looked back. I still work part-time and do about 6 parties a month.
I live in Surrey, I'm married to the very patient Mr P and I survive on black coffee and gin.
I look forward to meeting you soon!
Senior Director & Independent Stylist
Connect with your Sponsor
It's important to be honest with your sponsor about what you want from your business so that she can offer the right level of support.
During your Jumpstart period (your first 60 days) we recommend having a quick chat once a week with your sponsor.
Not on Facebook? You're missing out!
I use this Facebook page to do give-aways and share important information as it happens. it is also a useful forum for you to ask questions and share tips.
Even if you don't want to use Facebook for your personal life, you really need to use it for communication purposes within the team and wider Stella & Dot community.
Add me as a friend and I'll add you to the group: www.facebook.com/michele.porter1
Getting Started Guide
(you need to be logged into Stylist Lounge for this link to work)
Attend a Monthly Meeting (every month!)
Stylists who regularly attend a monthly meeting have much stronger businesses and are more likely to have longevity. Without connecting with other Stylists doing the same job, it's very hard to get motivated and inspired. Also, it's more fun together!
See Forthcoming Events above, if we aren't holding one in your area, there are many other Directors and Leader-led meetings all over the country. Search under events in the Tools & Resources/Stella & Dot University part of the Stylist Lounge or website to find yours.
If there isn't one, then tell me!! I am working with Head Office to get the nation covered.
Stella & Dot University
Spend a good few hours in your first week watching videos and familiarising yourself with SDU.
Head Office Training Calendar
There is a weekly New Stylist Training call you can dial into with Sam Walpole, our UK Training Manager.
Find this on the Stylist Lounge, it not only shows what training and support is taking place, but also has recorded archives of training calls. I download these as mp3's and listen to them on my phone or ipod in the car or around the house.
If you want be successful and earn more money from your business, you need to go to Hoopla.
We have the best, game-changing training, not to mention cocktail parties, team parties prizes, dancing and FUN!
CEO & Founder Jessica Herrin, Chairman Mike Lohner, Chief Creative Officer (heads up Design Studio in NYC) Blythe Harris and VP of Global Training Danielle Redner will be there, they are each so inspiring and motivating, but when they get together, great things happen!
Tickets will go on sale a few months beforehand.
Tickets usually cost about £150 and include products to the same value in our goody bag. S&D negotiate a good hotel rate for us and Stylists usually share rooms to keep the cost down too.
SAVE THE DATE!
Next Hoopla: 8th-10th July 2016 see Stylist Lounge for more info